Friday, August 17, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 7


Not recommended for people thirteen and under.


(Valentine Schlick)

       I didn't enjoy going out to bars, but I had to in order for my public image, although I didn't understand how going out to drink was something good. I was becoming quite famous now that I was a 2nd Unit Director, and with fame growing by the second. I never went alone though, I always brought Rae with me, but since she was pregnant currently, she couldn't be drinking like I was. As she tried to dance to the music with her growing belly, I sat at the bar listening to the bar tender and some drunk dude talking. The conversation didn't get that interesting until the drunk man started to talk about me, without realizing I was right there listening.



       "Did you hear the latest news on the Celebs Valentine and Rae?" He started out.
       "That they're engaged?" the bar tender answered, looking over at me as he said it.
       "That's old news! This is fresh off the tabloids! Valentine has gotten Rae pregnant! Did the man not know how to use protection or something? Poor gal, pregnant out of wedlock of all things! She deserves to have a better looking man than Valentine and who isn't allergic to the sun. That scar is absolutely disgusting."
       The bar tender looked over at me again, not sure what to say. He knew it was me, but the guy next to me had yet to realize this. I cleared my throat as I spoke my comeback ", since you were so nice to point out my so called flaws, I'll explain myself for why I did what I did."



       The guy finally caught on to who I was ", wait a sec... you're...."
       "Yes, I'm Valentine, and I was here listening to everything you were saying about me. Stupid press, they think they know everything. Now be quiet so I can clear my name. Yes I got Rae pregnant, but we wanted that to happen. We've both wanted to have children for a while now, and we finally decided to do so. Family is a big thing to us, since neither of us had that great of a family. We're planning on getting married soon after our child turns one. I never knew it was such a big deal to have a child while your not married!"
       "Well I..."
       "Not only that, but what's wrong with how I look and my condition? I know Rae deserves better, but she sees me for who I am on the inside, not on the outside like you have and so many others have. People really need to stop looking beyond how someone appears to the world, and start getting to know them for who they really are."




(Rae Vincent)

       Valentine had spent our extra money to redecorate our apartment. It defiantly had life now, and it made living here not so dull, although I was able to leave whenever I wanted. Yep, I was still able to go into the sun, but not for long since I was now a vampire and it irritated my skin. Val had been recently starting to look for a cure to his lack of being able to go into the sun, but was having no luck finding anything. Val had also started to spend some of his time learning mixology, since he was tired of what bar tenders had been giving him and wanted an actual quality drink. He still played his piano, although it was obvious he was one of the best out there. He didn't want to admit it though, and he didn't want to play in front of anyone either. He had always been one of the shy types, and the thought of performing in front of anyone besides me scared him.


       We both did any research we could do on how to be good parents, but we knew it was very possible that our baby was going to be a vampire, and there was nothing on how to raise a vampire child! I guess we'd have to learn as we went for this, but that didn't stop us from reading all the pregnancy books we could. 
       "Rae, I have to go down to the lobby and meet up with someone," Val told me as he set his book down on the table ", it might take a while, but I'll be back as soon as I can. You never know when that baby will pop out."
       "Trust me," I assured him ", this baby won't come without his daddy near. He loves you too much."
       "And what makes you think it's a boy? We haven't checked the gender!"
       "Oh, I just know. A mother's instincts I guess."


       Val motioned for me to stand up as he switched his black jacket for his casual coast and scarf. As I stood up and went over to him, he bent down to my belly, and focused his powers to the baby. He listened for about a minute before he nodded to me ", you're right as always. It's a boy, and he's going to look a lot like me from the looks of it."
       "Another Valentine to deal with, I can't wait!" I laughed.


       "I'm not sure I could deal with another me," he joked along with me ", I'm fine with just one of me thank you."
       "Whatever you want Val, just make sure you come up as fast you can from your little meeting."
       "I plan to do so, but first..."



       "I love you Rae, please don't get into any trouble while I'm gone okay?"
       "Why would I ever do that? I love you too Val." Trouble did come though, in the form of a little baby boy that couldn't wait to see his parents any longer.


       I was just about to start painting, one of my hobbies that I wasn't that great at, when I felt pain swelling up inside me. I'd been told a billion times that having a baby was painful, but this was just unbearable!
       "VALENTINE!!!!" I screamed, hoping he was close enough to hear me, but he wasn't ", why couldn't you of waited an hour or so little one? I can't possibly do this on my own!"


       I went into the bedroom and tried to calm down ", it's okay... Val will be up soon. He will be able to... AHHHHHH!!!!!"
       I needed Val with me, I couldn't wait any longer. I tried to concentrate on Valentine's mind to tell him what was going on. The moment I was able to, he realized I was there and was trying to contact him. 
       Rae! Are you okay?, I heard Valentine ask me as the pains only got worse.
       The baby... coming... the pain... too much!
       Don't worry Rae! I'll be up as soon as I can!, as Valentine rushed to the elevator and started for our floor, he left his thoughts open for me to contact him if anything else went wrong, but it was him who was in trouble, where did all these people come from? I'll never be able to get to you in time at this rate! I can't even get out of the elevator to use the stairs!
       Just keep talking to me then! I just need someone to talk to!



       "Come on everyone! Let me out!" I yelled at everyone in the elevator still  , trying to push my way through the compacted space ", my fiance is in labor and I need to get to her!"
       "Be patient crazy!" someone yelled back ", you don't have to be in such a... OMG!!!!! It's Valentine Schlick! let him out now!"
       Everyone cleared a path the best they could for me to get out. As the elevator doors about shut on me, everyone started to take pictures of me. Of all the times, this was not a good one for my fans to be doing this.



      The moment I got out of the elevator, I ran for the stairs and continued to run as fast I could, not caring if people saw me running my vampire speed. None of them could tell it was me anyway because I was running so fast.
      "I'm here Rae!" I yelled, out of breath as I entered the bedroom", are you oka-"
      "Shhh!" she told me as I came in ", you'll wake your son up with that voice."



       I turned to where Rae was to see her holding him, our son. She looked me in the eyes, smiling weakly ", you want to hold him?"
       I nodded as I looked at my son for the first time. I was speechless, I was finally a father!



       A smile escaped from my face as I held my son. As I rocked him in my arms, he slowly woke up, looking up at me. He gave me a tiny smile, his hands reaching out to touch my coat. He was beautiful, even if he had my mother's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment