Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 5


Not recommended for people thirteen and under.

(Rae Vincent)

       I almost screamed as the door opened unexcpectly, but all my worries were gone as I saw Valentine, perfectly fine ", Val! You're okay!"
       He nodded, trying to ignore my eye contact. His eyes were full of guilt and despair, I wasn't sure what was going on ", Rae... I've done something horrible."
       "What's going on Val? You defeated your mother yes?"
       "Ya, but I did more than just defeat her..."



"... I killed her. We're in more danger now than ever before."



(Valentine Schlick)

       It'd been two years since I moved Rae and I to the side of town my father didn't control. In that two year time I'd been able to get a job as a backstage extra at night, and got promoted to Personal Assistant for Alan Stanley. He learned of my condition when I was a backstage extra and asked me to come during the day because one of his Best Boys had quit. I had to explain to him that I was allergic to the sun and couldn't except the promotion unless it was a night job. After a day, he promoted me to Best Boy on my terms, then a month later his Key Grip, then not long after to his Personal Assistant.
       Because I'd been able to become such good friends with Alan, I was able to convince him to let Rae have her shot at a lead role, and he was stunned at her performance. He'd never seen an actor as amazing  as Rae, and promoted her straight to his star TV Actress. We were both rising in fame, and I was afraid that my father would see me as a threat, break past his boundaries in the city,  and come after Rae.


       "How was work today Rae?" I asked her as I continued to play my key board, a pass time I did during the day while Rae was working and I was alone.
      "Alan asked me to be one of the lead actors for his new movie Ten Reasons To Love You. He told me to ask you what you think about me being in it playing the part of the worried best friend."
       I tried hard not to laugh as I told her what she was getting into", I have a confession to make Rae. I've been writing a few movie scripts with Alan, and that is one of them. I was the one who told Alan to give you that role, is that okay with you?"


       "So your the one who's been getting me all these amazing roles then!" Rae giggled as I got off my key board and came over to her ", thanks love, I can't thank you enough."
       "No problem, by the way, I wanted to take you out tonight to the Butterfly Gardens for... you know... the fun of it."
       "But you hate going outside except for special occasions, and none come to mind off the top of my head! Why do you want to go there?"
       "I have my reasons, trust me, you're going to love it."


(Rae Vincent)

       I still had no idea why Valentine wanted to come here. It was true that I loved coming here with him, but he never wanted to go! He'd never been much for leaving the apartment, and I couldn't blame him. For eighteen years he'd been stuck inside, and he'd gotten used it it. 
       "Are you enjoying yourself Rae?" he asked me as he took my hands in his.
       "Couldn't you just read my mind or something and find out?" I joked with him.
       "You know I don't like to use mind reading, especially on you," he explained, trying hard not to smile and show his fangs in public. Besides his father and I, no one knew he was a vampire, they just thought he was majorly allergic to the sun.



       "Rae, there is something I have to ask you," Valentine said as he started to get down on his knees, reaching for something behind him.
       "Is something wrong Val?"
       "Quite the opposite. I was wondering..."



       "... if you wanted to be my wife. Rae Vincent, will you marry me?"
       This was why he wanted to come here! Tears began filled my eyes as I realized I wasn't dreaming. This was reality. Valentine was actually proposing to me!
       "YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!" I screamed, letting him take my hand and slip the ring on to my finger.



       "It brings out how beautiful you are Rae," he compliment as I admired the ring. It wasn't the biggest thing out there, but love wasn't measured by the size of the diamonds or how shiny it was. It was measured by how much the person was willing to be with you, and what they'd do just to make your day better. Valentine had been the only man to ever do that for me, and now my dreams were finally coming true. Our night wasn't over yet though as we both came to realized as we made it home and discussed our future. Well... our children's future actually.




(Valentine Schlick)

       Rae and I decided it was finally time to start our family. Ever since the day I killed my mom, we both decided we should wait a little longer before we tried it again. We'd be getting married soon, and we both wanted to start having kids as soon as possible. After some talking, we decided that now would be as good as ever to start, even if we were married yet.        
       Rae's fingers moved down my arms, her soft, warm skin coming in contact with my ice cold, scar infected skin. She'd manage to remove my gloves that covered up my first major burn from when I was just a baby. The sun accidentally hit my skin while I slept in my crib, but my parents thought nothing of it, thinking I'd grow out of it, until I became a child and sneaked outside during the day, causing the burn to my face. 
       I tensed up Rae's pulse soaked into my undead body, the wanting of her blood wasn't a feeling I'd gotten ever before, but the longer I was this close to her, the more it tried to over come myself control. A mixture of lust and desire playing with my head as I removed what little clothing I hadn't taken off of her fragile body already. She didn't realize how hard this was for me, if I was to accidentally bite her and not be able to stop, it would be all over. All those years of us being friends and lovers would be gone and over. She didn't believe I'd do anything like that, but the truth was, I was very capable of it. I still had a thirst for blood, even though I drank plasma from the hospital to avoid biting anyone. If I wasn't careful, Rae could be my first actual victim.


       As things calmed down, the thirst for her blood went away slowly, but in the end it did go a way completely, and I was glad when it did. I'd never want to hurt Rae, she was everything to me, and the thirst for her blood sent my emotions places I didn't want to go. There was two things I feared most, my father finding Rae and hurting her, and me hurting her. 
       I wasn't ready to turn her if necessary, I wasn't even sure if I did that she'd be able to go outside during the day anymore. The same went for our future children. I didn't know if they'd be able to to go outside. I didn't want Rae or our children to go through being stuck inside like I'd had, and that was why I was trying to find a sure to my condition, so if any of them got it as well, I'd be able to cure it. I was also looking for a cure to vampirism, just in case I did turn Rae or one of out kids ended up a vampire, then they'd be normal and not have to deal with the longing for blood. 
       I was planning on taking both cures if I found them, but not for my own sake, but for Rae and our future family. I didn't want to over live them, I wanted to live life with them, like a normal human. If it wasn't possible, then I'd just find another way. I don't know what it would be, but I'd find a way. 




(Rae Vincent)

       I looked at myself in the mirror as I thought over how I was going to tell Valentine we were going to have our first child. I'd been feeling sick for the past week and after taking the tests, I came to learn that I was indeed pregnant. I couldn't wait to see my baby boy or girl's face for the first time, or to see them live through life with Valentine and I. No words could describe how I was feeling. All my happiness was gone in an instant however as something invisible to the mirror grabbed me by the neck, his fangs brushing up against my ear as he whispered into it.
       "If I can't have my wife anymore ," the vampire said in a hushed voice ", then neither can my son."

2 comments: