Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 10


Not recommended for people thirteen and under.

(Valentine)

       Huh? How did I get out here?, I asked myself as the flash from the camera hit my eyes. I was holding my guitar, like I'd been planning to play it, I was standing right outside my penthouse apartment, and some paparazzi gal was taking my picture.
       "Ahhh... I think I blanked out for a moment there."
       "I think you might of been, for five minutes or so. Thanks for the latest news story by the way. I'm going to get that promotion for sure..."
       "I'll pay you 2,000 to not turn this in."
       "Well..."
       "3,000"
       "I really want that promotion..."
       "5,000!"


       "Deal!, your face isn't going to be in the newspaper tomorrow. Thanks for the money," she told me as I handed her the money. She ran off for her next target right after I gave it to her, but she wasn't gone for long.
       "Owww! My head!" I yelled, dropping my guitar and kneeling on the ground, holding my head as I tried my hardest not to cry from the pain I was feeling, almost like a knife to my stomach multiple times, except it was in my brain.
       "Val!" Rae yelled as she opened the door to our place, seeing me on the ground. What was going on with me? Forgetting how I got places and now this? I couldn't even remember anything from the past three hours anymore! ", Val, it's going to be okay. I'm calling the doctor to come faster. We'll figure out what's wrong, I promise!"


       Hours upon hours of doctor's (one's who already knew who I was and could be able to treat me if needed) testing me, putting different chemicals into my body, removing chemicals from my body, and countless pain finally gone. I was home after two weeks of all of it, and I was finally starting to remember what happened during those short three hours. I'd been poisoned by someone paid by my father to kill me, but I'd survived, and was recovering much to my father dismay.


(Flashback)

       "Valentine, are you okay?" Rae asked me as she held Issac in her arms. His birthday was in only three days away now, and the paparazzi were dying to see the almost five year old, so we took him with us to a local dance club. I regret that now ", you've been a complete clumsy ever since you had that drink you bought. It couldn't of made you drunk. One drink can never do that to you!"
       "Rae, can we go home?" I asked, trying to ignore the spinning feeling in my head ", my head kinda hurts."
       "Sure, I'm tired of this place, aren't you too Issac?"
       "Is daddy going to be okay? He looks very sick."
       "I'm sure it was just something that didn't agree to his stomach. He's had problems like this before..."


       "Rae... where am I?" I asked, really not sure where I was at the time.
       "The Grind, don't you remember?"
       "No, not really," I answered, almost falling over for no reason what so ever while talking.
       "Honey, are you going to be alright? Maybe I should call a doctor we trust to come take a look at you when we get back."
       "That might be a good idea. I'm starting to see things in fours now too!"
       "Four of me?" Issac asked, clinging onto Rae, trying to hide the fact that he was about to cry ", daddy is getting worse, isn't he?"


(Rae)

       "You doing better?" I asked, peaking into the room where Valentine had been resting ever since he got home. He was weak from the treatments and constant pain, and all he wanted to do was rest, and I don't blame him.
       "No, not really. I'm still extremely tired."



       He sat up on the head board the best he could as I sat down next to him. I noticed him trying to pop his back as discreetly as possible. he always wanted to look like he was strong and could handle everything, and me giving him a massage would make him think he really was weak ", can you sit up so I can massage your back? I'd really like to do so for you."
       He pondered what I'd asked of him, and nodded. He sat up on the bed, allowing me to rub his back, which was under a lot of stress from the past few weeks at the hospital I bet ", you really shouldn't feel like you're not strong enough you know. I only want to do this for you because I love you."
       "Which is the reason I want to do the same for you, but I can't. I won't be for the next few weeks."
       "Your health is more important to me than you showing your affection for me right now. The best way to show me you love me at the current moment is to take care of yourself."
       "I guess, I really want to play with Issac for a little bit though, is that okay?"
       "Ya, as long as you don't do anything too active, it's fine by me."
       "You're the best Rae," he thanked me, giving me a peck on the lips before getting up and going to Issac's room. I had to let him have some freedom, and Issac was the perfect medicine for anything.



(Valentine)

       "Thanks for playing with me daddy!" Issac told me as I showed him how to make music on his toy xylophone I'd gotten him for his birthday.
       "Your welcome son, so how was your birthday?"
       "I really wanted you there, but your health comes first the doctor's told me. They're right you know!"
       "Yes, they are, and I plan to get better soon so we can celebrate your birthday the way if should of been.
       "Ya, daddy..." Issac kept looking at the scars on my arms, not sure if he should say something about them. 
       "Do you have anything you wanted to ask me?"
       He nodded slowly, still keeping his eyes on my scars ", where did yo get those scars on your arms, feet and face?" Issac asked me. I'd never told Issac about my condition. He just thought I disliked the sun probably, but he was old enough to know now, and he was smart enough to understand.



       "When I was an infant, my parents left the curtain open and the sun hit my arms and legs, burning them, but they thought I'd grow out of it by the time I was a year old. Most vampire babies have some sort of reaction to the sun the first time they come in contact with it, but I never did grow out of it. When I was three, I was very curious about the daytime. You remember when you were three and wanted to go outside during the day, but mommy and I wouldn't let you?"
       "Yes?"



       "It's because we were afraid you'd be allergic to the sun like I am. When I was three, I did exactly what you wanted to do, go outside. The second I did though, the sun burned me, causing more serious damage to my arms and causing this scar you see on my face. You're lucky because you're not allergic to the sun like I am. One hint of sunlight and It'll cook my skin."



       "So that's why you stay inside during the day and go out at night!" Issac remarked ", if you didn't, I wouldn't have you anymore."
       "Sadly yes, that's true. I've had a few burns since I was three, but they've only been minor compared to the ones you see. Nothing life threatening since then... except for what recently happened-"
       "But mommy still loves you the same!" he interrupted me ", she loves you for who you are, just like I do!" Issac told me, playing the song on his xylophone I'd taught him 
       "You're doing good Issac. You might have what it takes to be a great musician someday."
       "Thanks, but I want to be an inventor! Ahhh... is that okay?"
       "Issac, you could be a Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle if it's what you wanted to be. I'm not stopping you from becoming what you want to be in life."
       "Really daddy?, Thanks! You're the best dad ever!"
       I didn't hide the smile he'd given me as it came forth, the first smile I'd had for a while now. Issac had a way of making my day, he always had from the moment I saw him ", you don't know how much that means to me Issac, and you'll never will know how much you mean to me until you have a son of your own."
       "Don't worry daddy! I'll make you proud! I'll be the best father on the planet, just like you!"
       "No need to make me proud son, you already have. I know you'll be the best dad there ever was, a good father can tell when someone will be just as good as him, maybe even better."

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute story, I've loved every minute of it so far and continue to want more ! :)
    -TashMash

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this chapter! so cute!

    ReplyDelete