Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 2


Thank you everyone who read the first section of my story and decided to keep reading. If you're new and haven't read Part 1, you can just click here


(Valentine Schlick)

       I never thought I'd see the day where my parents would move us to the inner city. I knew they'd wanted a penthouse for a while now, but I hadn't expected to actually move into one. I was going to miss the view of the water and the bridge, now I just had a view of a building from my window. My room was smaller, I had to get rid of half my stuff, I wasn't happy let's just say. Not only that, but they got rid of our old butler and replaced him with someone completely different. Now I was truly lonely, not a friend in the world to be there for me, and me for them.
       A few minutes after the Grandfather Clock struck 9, I heard a knock at the door and tried to ignore it, but something inside me said to go and open it, this time is different... and it was.


       
       Creaking the door slightly to see who it was, I noticed a girl my age, long light brown hair and eyes, with freckles scattered all over her face. When she looked at me through the door, she didn't seem to be started by my glowing eyes, a first from anyone who wasn't a vampire.
       Trying to not be rude, I quietly said hello to her. She smiled a little and told me her name ", hi, I'm Rae. I came to meet you."
       She'd come to see me? No one had ever come to meet my family, they were all to scared to come, but this girl didn't seem startled at all. In fact, she seemed excited to meet me, like it was a long time wish of some sort. Why she decided to come so late was a whole other question.
       "At nine at night?" I asked her, wanting to get an answer from this mystery girl.
       "Is that a problem?"
       "No, it actually fits quite well with my schedule," with me being a vampire and everything. I slowly opened the door some more, not realizing what I was doing until it was too late. I'd accidentally let his girl see my deformed face, but she didn't seem scared or taunted by it. What was with this Rae girl? Was she blind to my appearance, or did she not care? Maybe if i gave myself the time to get to know her, I'd find the answer ", it's nice to meet you Rare, I'm Valentine Schlick... would you like to come inside to talk some more?"
      

(Rae Vincent)

       "Sure," I answered after he asked if I wanted to come inside. He gave a small grin as he opened the door for me, showing his growing fangs for just a second. What was I getting myself into? This was a vampire! He could kill me in an instant if he wanted, but he didn't seem like a cold blooded killer. He looked more like someone who was lost, just wanting someone to talk like he'd asked.
       "Thanks for coming over," he thanked me as I came in ", I never have any guests, especially people my age. It gets lonesome being here alone as you could guess."
       "Don't you have your parents?"
       "Yes, but they have too much to do throughout the day already, my dad being a movie star and my mother a model. Then they're out the whole night, going to parties and such."
       "Why don't you go out with them during the day? I'm sure they'd love it!"
       "I'm sure they would, but I can't."
       "Don't you go to some high quality school, with your family being rich it would seem."
       "I can't, I'm allergic to the sun," huh? That didn't make any sense though. How could his parents go into the sun if they were vampires, but he couldn't? ", my parents have some trouble with the sun, but not as severe as me. I can't even go outside for a moment while the sun is out or else you get these scars all over my face."
       Suddenly I didn't care if he was a vampire or not. The scars on his face were horrible looking, and he'd gotten them from just being out in the sun for a moment? That didn't seem fair at all. Why could his parents go outside, while he couldn't even look at the sun without terribly hurting himself?


       "I'm sorry about that. If it helps, I'm allergic to peanuts."
       "Peanuts?"
       "Yep, if I eat it, my throat swells up and I can't breath."
       "That's terrible, not as bad as being allergic to the sun, but still bad. You can't have any sort of peanuts? That stuff is in everything it seems!"
       "I know, and it's really embarrassing when you have to decline something to eat because you don't know if it has peanuts in it or not. I'm made fun of all the time for it too. One day, someone played a prank on me and squirted peanut oil on me, and I had a rash for a week. People can be so mean, it's almost criminal!"
       "So I'm not missing much by being stuck in my room?"
       "Not really, be glad you don't have to deal with the outside world. it's not a nice place to be."
       "I still wish I could have someone to talk to more often," he started to rub his arm up and down like he was nervous ", I used to have my butler, but we recently got a new one."
       "Do you have any friends at all?"
       "No,"


(Valentine Schlick)

       "Well I'd like to be your friend then," she told me after I told her about not having any friends. If I had a working heart, it would of jumped for joy over and over. She wanted to be my friend? She actually wanted to be my friend? What about my scars, my scary appearance and fangs I'd once again accidentally shown her? Did she really not care about them?
       "But... what about my face?" I asked ", don't you find it at all horrifying?"
       "No, not really. I'm not much for what someone looks like on the outside, but what's on the inside, and I see a boy I want to get to know better."
       "You actually want to be my friend? I just can't believe this! When do you want to come over?"
       "How about tomorrow at four?"
       "Four in the morning?"
       She giggle a little, giving me a huge smile ", no silly. Four in the afternoon! I'm asleep at four AM!"
       "Oops, sorry about that," I felt my cheeks turn red for a moment. Why on earth did I think she would come that early in the morning? ", I'm not used to people coming during the day hours. No one is here most of the time except for me."
       "Well that's about to change," she told me ask she opened the front door, walking out into the hall waving goodbye ", see you tomorrow Valentine! I can't wait to see your pretty eyes again!"
       She thinks my eyes are pretty? I thought to myself, but before I could ask more, she closed the door in front of her. I could get used to having Rae as a friend, she was more mysterious than I was!
        
       

2 comments: