Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 11


Not Recommended For People Thirteen And Under


(Valentine)

      It all started out as a normal night for our family. Rae was painting, Issac was working on something he wouldn't let us see for nothing, and I was playing my keyboard. This night wasn't going to be normal for long as I would come to learn. Oh no it wouldn't, and it all started when Issac wanted to ask me something.
         "Dad, is it okay if I use the broken stereo you and mom plan on throwing out for my latest invention?" Issac asked me as he watched me play my keyboard ", I'd hate to see that stereo thrown out for no reason when I need it."
       "Sure Issac, as long as you don't electrocute yourself, it's fine by, me. You should check with mom as well though, just in case she doesn't want you to."
       "If you say I should, let's go convince mom to let you us it."



       Issac in the past year had recently grown up so much. He was becoming  bigger and more mature by the day. He was going for his dream of being an inventor, and all he ever did was take spare scrap from our neighbors and build actual things that worked out of them. I never imagined I'd have a genius like Issac for a son, but here he was. His teacher told me just last week that Issac is at the head of his kindergarten class, doing 4th grade work already. She however also said Issac is the shyest child she's ever seen. He doesn't like to talk out loud much around other people besides Rae and I, and he has no friends at all. Sometimes I wonder if he's shy because I'm shy as well, and he learned his social abilities from me.



       After convincing Rae to let Issac use the stereo, he asked us to watch him build it. We stood there, watching as he quickly took the thing apart, finding the pieces he needed, and put them onto his latest invention.
       "It's a portable stereo," he announced to us, holding up a square box for us to see better ", I'm working on a CD scanner so you can just put your songs onto this thing with a memory stick, but I'm not even close to doing that right now, so only the radio works for now."
       "Can I try it Issac?" I asked him, noticing the headphones for it sitting on the table.
       "Not yet, once I get the scanner to work, then you can. Until then, I want you to stay out of this room. I have a surprise I'm working on for my sister, and I don't want her to find out through you two."
       "You don't trust us?" Rae asked with a giggle, rubbing her belly ", but your sister can't wait to learn of what it is!"
       "Oh no you don't mom!" He laughed, pushing us into the kids room ", you two stay in here until I tell you to come out! My sister isn't going to learn of my surprise until she's born!"
       "But Issac!" too late to convince him to let us go into a different room. He'd locked us in from the outside, without our cellphones so we could call for help. I really hated how the lock was on the outside of the door, and this wouldn't be the first time one of us had been locked in. We were stuck. 
       "We really need to fix that door so it doesn't have a lock on the outside. I have no idea why we put it in like that." Rae told me, sitting on Issac's chair that sat under his loft bed. She tried to slouch in it, but her huge belly proved to be making it hard for her.
       "We didn't do it, the contractor did, but we were too lazy to call him up to fix it. We really should of though. Well, we're stuck in here, and for a while. Better make the best of things as they are," I told her, pulling her up and into my arms, planting my mouth to hers.
       You really think that's the best idea? She asked me with her mind.
       No, but if we're going to be in here for a while, why not have some fun while we wait?




(Rae)

       You're squishing the baby!, I told Valentine as he pulled me in for another kiss on the lips , you wouldn't want to have her come out early would you?
       It wouldn't be a first untimely baby for us, his hands stroking the bare part of my back , if it happened a second time, I'd say we're cursed.
       Ya we just might... oh no, what was wrong with my children and their timing? There it was, the familiar pain I'd felt with Issac being born. Why did my children just love being born at horrible times like this?
       "Rae?" Valentine asked as he stopped kissing me ", what's wrong?"
       "We really are cursed! The baby... she's coming!"
       "You've got to be kidding me!"


       "Issac! Let us out!" Valentine yelled through the door ", mom is in labor!"
       "She is?"
       "Yes, do you not hear her screaming in the background? Open the door!"
       "Let me hide the present first..."


       "OPEN THIS DOOR THIS INSTANT OR YOU WILL BE GROUNDED FROM THAT WORK STATION FOR A MONTH!!!" I screamed as loud as I could ", I WANT OUT OF HERE!!!"
       "Oh my plumbbob!" Issac exclaimed ", mom never yells!"
       "THERE WILL BE A WHOLE LOT MORE OF IT IF YOU DON'T OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!!!"
       "I'm hurrying! Just wait a few seconds for me to open it!"
       "Quick Rae, put your clothes on the best you can. Once we get out, I'm taking you to the hospital. No questions asked."




(Valentine)

       It's been a year and three months since we had Nylora, the most amazing daughter on the face of the earth. She looked like she was identical to Rae, which meant I had two of the most beautiful girls there ever was. She wasn't as bright as Issac, but she was smart in her own way. She hadn't started speaking yet, which concerned me. Issac was talking as soon as he could, but Nylora hadn't even tried. She didn't even make much noise! She cried yes, but hardly ever, and the same went for laughing. Not only that, but whenever we tried to talk to her, she wouldn't respond unless we were right in front of her, or using our minds.


       She was perfectly fine with speaking with her mind to us, in fact that was the only way she'd talk to us. I knew she had perfect speaking abilities when it came to thinking, but for some reason she just couldn't say things out loud. We finally took her to a doctor, and they told us she was deaf, that she'd never be able to hear what so ever. It broke my heart to learn that she couldn't hear with her ears, but at least she could hear with her mind through us.
       Daddy, she would ask, what do all the cars sound like on the street?
       Then I'd think about how they sounded to her, and she'd give me her adorable smile for me to know she'd heard it, through my thoughts to her's. Rae and Issac would do the same thing. We were thinking about sending Nylora to a special school when she became of age, so she could learn how to learn sign language and read lips, since not everyone could read minds like out family could, and we wanted her to at least have a social life.


       Time for bed Nylora, I told her, trying to put her in her crib.
       But daddy! I want to stay with you and mommy again tonight!
       Oh no you don't! I told her, waving a finger at her, you kept us up all night. Mommy and I want to get some sleep.


       Don't worry sis, Issac added as he started to get onto his bed, big brother will be here to make sure you're safe.
       Okay Issy, she thought, snuggling in my arms, I'll go to bed in here tonight. You can be with mommy all alone.


       Thank you my flower, I thanked her, putting her down and kissing her forehead, good-night Nylora. See you in the morning.
       Good-night daddy, I love you.
       Love you too daughter.


       I love you too Issac, I thought as I looked over at his already fast asleep body. He'd had a long day at school, having his first major bullying trouble from a fellow student, and he'd stressed out about it. He'd tried not to tell me, but he finally broke open the moment I asked how his day had been while he was sitting alone on the couch. I knew I couldn't solve his problems, but I could be there for him through it.


       Looking back at Nylora, I saw that she too had fallen asleep. Two kids, fast asleep... hmmmm, I wonder if Rae had fallen asleep yet as well.


       Not even seconds after I walked into our room, Rae threw herself onto me, intertwining her lips with mine. Well, she was awake alright.
       I want another baby!, she thought to me, pulling me on top of her as she fell onto the bed, please Valentine! Issac and Nylora are just are not enough for me! I want another!
       We're going to have to find a bigger place, you realize this right? We hardly have enough room as it is!
       So is it a yes?
       I haven't stopped you yet have I?


       That's true, but Val, what if we have trouble like we did with Nylora?
       Then I'll just have to do this with you every night until we have that baby you want so badly. Besides, I think this time will be a lot easier for us. I just know it.

2 comments:

  1. awww, Nylora is sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's going to be her mom's identical ;) So ya, she's adorable.

      Delete