Monday, August 13, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 4


Not recommended for people thirteen and under.

Sorry that it's taken a while, but I had a case of writer's block. I knew where I wanted to go with this, it was just how to get there that was the problem. After this, I'll try to get the special for Jake & Florence for The Clands Legacy out, since it's been forever since I posted anything on them!



       (Rae Vincent)

       The moment Valentine's lips touched mine, I suddenly realized what he'd been telling me was true. There was someone out there who could love me, he could, and he had. Suddenly the words my father had been telling me since I could remember were nothing but a whisper. The words he'd told me less than an hour ago meant nothing as new words filled my head, Valentine's ", you can't believe what your father says, he knows nothing about the real you. He's blind to how extraordinary you are. I however, know the truth, and I do in fact, love you..."



       As children, Valentine had been my best friend. Sure, I had friends besides him, but when high school came, those friends soon disappeared. Valentine was the only one of my childhood friends who was still my friend. I think I'd always had a crush on him. It must of been those glowing eyes I was so fond of.



       Although the kiss itself was only a second, it felt like a life time. I wanted it to continue forever, and I wasn't even the romantic loving one of the two of us, Valentine was. Oh... Valentine, a romance lover, that was actually kind of cute.
       From that day on, our relationship grew. I started to come over everyday Valentine's parents weren't home, and I'd always have a blast. No matter what my father did to me, Valentine could always make it better. He'd always had that power over me, to be able to change the way I was feeling so suddenly.



       Even though many might consider him a disfigured monster, I knew that what was on the inside was something better. I noticed it the first time I met him. He was shy and timid, until he got to know me. Then he was off the walls, doing everything possible to please me. In return, I wanted to do something back, but what?



       When Valentine and I were about to turn eighteen, we started to discuss our plans for the future. Both of us wanted to go into the film industry, but he wanted to be a director and I wanted to be an actress. Being stuck inside all the time, Valentine had watched every movie possible. You name a movie and he could explain the whole thing, including all the things they had to do to make it. He'd even been able to direct some short films that I helped him with. It was a dream of his to be able to be an actual director, just like my dream was to be an actress. 
       I'd always loved putting on plays and being in Valentine's movies, and I was amazing at it as well. Our class recently voted for who would be what when they grew up, and they voted me the most likely to make it on to the big screen. Of course, our careers wasn't the only thing we were discussing.



       "So Rae," Valentine started as he put his arm around me ", is there anything you want to happen with us when we turn eighteen?"
       "Well, I'd like to have our own place. Not too big, maybe a bedroom for us and enough room to build a custom room for the kids..."
       "Kids?" Valentine asked excitedly, his eyes beginning to glow. Valentine had always wanted a family I'd come to learn ", how many?"
       "Oh, a dozen or two,"




       "I can read minds you know, you want about four in reality," his hand starting to slide up and down my arm ", when would you like to start? When we start to have a steady income? When we're married? When were 30ish..."
       "I don't really care," I admitted ", I kind of just want to start whenever you feel comfortable."
       "If that's the case," his eyebrows started to raise, his hands starting to unzip my jacket ", I've been wanting my own children with you for three years now."
       "Well, I wouldn't want to keep you waiting any longer, now would I?"



       "I can wait longer yes," he said to me, suddenly violently planting his mouth to mind, his aggressive adrenaline quickly transferring to me as well "but why wait?"


(Valentine Schlick)

       I never meant to be so straight forward with Rae, but that was what ended up happening. I didn't want to push something like this on her so suddenly when were still young, but her mind wanted it, she wanted to make me happy. I didn't know why she thought this was how to do that, because she'd already done that for me by just being by my side. My happiness was bout to go away though as I heard a voice yell at me from the door.
       "VALENTINE VLADIMIR SCHLICK!!!!" I heard my mother yell. My greatest fear for Rae was coming true, my parents finding out about her ", what the hell are you doing with that human!?!?"


       I got off of Rae and stood up to face my mother's wrath, ready to protect Rae if my mother were to attack ", you better of been getting ready to drink her clean, because if you were trying to sleep with her, you'd both be dead!"
       "Fine, you caught me!" I told her ", I've been seeing a human, so what?"
       "So what? SO WHAT!?!? Humans are nothing but a food source to us. We should be the ones ruling the planet, not them! I've taught you better than this! Your almost eighteen and you just start turning on our ways?"
       "I've been going against them for eleven years mom!" her eyes widened with disbelief ", you... you no good son of mine! I do not know you anymore!" She tried to grab my neck to choke me, but I instead caught her arm and threw her into my bookshelf, it coming down on top of her.
       "Rae!" I yelled at her as she sat on the couch frightened, unsure what to do ", get out of here, and whatever you do, don't look back!"


(Rae Vincent)

       And I did exactly that, I got out of there, trying to not look back as I heard Valentine crying in pain as his mother came back to finish him off. I ran out of the door of Valentines's apartment, down the hall and down the stairs, down to my floor and into my apartment, then into my room, locking the door behind me. I didn't know what I was to do, or where to go, but my room was my sanctuary from my father, so that seemed to be the place to go when I was in the heat of the moment. After thinking about it, I realized it was a horrible idea, Valentine's mother could come after me at anytime and finish me off as well.


       I didn't leave though, I didn't know where else to go. Valentine's place had always been one of my places to get away from trouble, but now it was the cause of the trouble. I put on one of my jackets and tried not to cry. What if Valentine got seriously injured? What if he wasn't able to stop his mother from coming after me. What if... he died. I knew vampires weren't incapable of dying, so it sent unbearable fear as I thought about what would happen to Val if he were to be killed. He was my best friend, the love of my life, I couldn't lose him, I couldn't. 

2 comments: