Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 1


(Valentine Schlick)

       "Master?" my butler asked as he walked into my room, being careful not to get any sunlight on me ", is there anything you... close that window now!"
       I didn't even flinch, why should I close the window? The sun looked so beautiful as it started to come up over the waters of Bridgeport.  Why couldn't I just look even for a moment before I'd have to close the curtains?
       "Did you not hear me master?"
       "Yes, I did. I'm just choosing not to listen."
       "But if the sun were to hit your skin..."
       "I know," I interrupted him ", do you really think I don't know? I have the scars to prove I know, so stop pestering me and let me watch the sunrise before I have to close the curtain," why did I have to be this way? Being unable to go into any sort of sunlight in fear that it would burn my skin. When I was just three, I finally got tired of my parents trying to keep me inside after the sun began to rise up into the morning sky until it set and the moon's light replaced it. While my father and my butler weren't looking, I walked right out the door when the sun started to come up. The moment the light hit my face, it started to burn into my skin, causing pain so unbearable and overwhelming, I though I was going to die, and I almost did. At the time my parents didn't know I was deadly allergic to the sun, but after that first, and last encounter, they knew full well I wasn't like the others. Vampires can be in the sun for a little while before it starts to smolder their skin, but I? As I've already said, just a little sunlight and I will burn on the spot.


       My butler shook his head in a displeasing manor ", come now Valentine," he said as he started to close the curtain ", it's time to darken your room before the sun comes up."
       "But..."
       "I'll play some chess with you today if you do what you say," he walked to the door and opened it ", I'll get the chess set while you close the curtains."
       "But..."
       He left.
       Letting out a huge sigh as I stood up to close the curtain like my butler had said, I thought about my life so far. I had no one, my parents worked, all the kids in the neighborhood thought I was a demon, and I'd never even left my house, even at night. My butler was my only friend, except he was paid to take care of me and make me happy so I don't count him as a real friend, and that is what I wanted more than anything in the world. I wanted someone to not care about my scars, my fangs or my glowing eyes, but most of all, someone would come see me not just at night when the sun was gone and I could go out of my room, but someone would come see me during the day when I couldn't leave. There was no way however that anyone could ever want to be my friend though. I was a monster, I drank blood and I looked like a deformed little boy who'd gotten into too many fights.
       "It's hopeless," I whispered to myself as I sat down on my chair again, looking at the closed curtain ", I'm sure there is someone out there for me, there has to be..."


"But who on earth could possible want to be friends with someone with such an ugly face as this?"



(Rae Vincent)


       I knew our neighbors were vampires the moment I saw them. They did everything possible to avoid the sun, moving into their apartment at night for example, and I saw the man accidentally drop some plasma juice while he was moving a whole box of them. Not to mention I also saw the lady's fangs as she smiled at her husband. Yep, that was it, they were vampires. After asking about them, my parents explained that our neighbors were the Schlick family, a group of three vampires would been around for a long time and had acquired fame and fortune from their long years, except their seven year old son, which was almost never seen for some reason, and he'd never show his face if he was out.
       My mother told me not to go over to their place, but me being me, you tell me to not do something I WILL do it. So when I found myself standing outside their place, I knew I would get into trouble if my mother found out I was dead, drained of blood, but of course I'd be dead so it wouldn't matter. Besides, I wanted to finally meet a real vampire. Not only that, they were famous! I couldn't resist!


        I knocked on the door and waited. For a moment I thought no one was home. It was after all now 9:00, and they'd probably be out downtown trying to find someone to fill their thirst and...
       The door slowly creaked open after I turned to leave. Looking back I saw a pair of glowing yellow eyes, peaking through the crack ", hello?" the person behind the door asked.
       "Hi, I'm Rae. I came to meet you."
       "At nine at night?"
       "Is that a problem?"
       "No, it actually fits quite well with my schedule," more proof that the person behind the door was a vampire. The person slowly opened the door some more, just enough for me to notice the scars that were all over his face. They looked like they would hurt, and I couldn't imagine how he got them ", It's nice to meet you Rae, I'm Valentine Schlick." 

4 comments:

  1. Its really good cant wait till the next part!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really well done, I can't wait to see what ends up happening! C:

    ReplyDelete