Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 6


Not recommended for people thirteen and under.


(Valentine Schlick)

       "I'm back Rae!" I yelled as I put my jacket in the coat closet. Usually Rae would say something back, but this time there was no response, which was strange. Then the sent of blood caught my attention, and not a little blood, tons of it, and I knew who's it was, Rae's.



       I tried to remain calm as I ran to the source of the smell. Lying on the couch motionless was Rae, her clothes torn from being clawed and her face was covered in blood. I couldn't tell if she was still alive or not. Tucked into her belt was a folded up piece of paper. I took it with trembling hands, not knowing what it was. As I bent down to check Rae's pulse, I opened the note and began to read it. It was from my father, and he was warning me that if I didn't take his warning and I tried to have another relationship with a human, vampire or anything else, not only would the person I was with be in trouble, but I'd be as well.  



       My hopes were lifted though as I felt a small pulse coming from Rae, but it wouldn't be there for long if I didn't do something. With every passing second, the faint pulse was growing weaker and weaker. She was dying in my arms, and I only saw one way to save her.
       "I'm sorry Rae, " I whispered in her ear as I held her neck to my mouth ", but I can't lose you this way..."




"... I have to turn you."


(Rae Vincent)

       "Oh good! You're awake!" Valentine told me as he noticed me trying to get up, my body feeling colder than I'd ever been in my life.
       "I had the worst dream ever!" I told him as I sat up, the coldness not going away ", I dreamed that your father tried to kill me, then to save me from death you had to turn me into a vampire."
       "That would be a nightmare alright... except it wasn't."
       "Wait... are you saying... I wasn't dreaming?"
       He nodded, his eyes in deep sorrow as he touched my cheeks ", you don't look like I were attacked, but that is because once you transformed, you were able to heal fast. I'm so sorry Rae, but it was the only way I could think of! If I'd tried to bring you to the hospital, you would of died on the way! You were that weak, I had to do it or I would of lost you."
       "I understand, I just can't stand being this cold or..." my mind went wild as I realized I was weak from the transformation. The thirst for plasma overcoming my other senses in an instant ", so that's what it feels like to be hungry for blood! How were you able to control this feeling?"
       "I drink, simple as that. You want me to get you some from the fridge?"
       "Yes please,"


       I tried to rest as Val went into the kitchen for me, but the hunger wouldn't let me. I now realized how hard it must of been for Val to control his thirst whenever he was around me. it was impossible to do anything except think about how hungry you were.
       "There's some plasma for you," he told me as he came back in the room, handing me a hospital bag of blood for me to drink. I snatched it from his hands and without knowing what to do, I dug my fangs into it. Being a vampire, I somehow naturally knew how to drink it though, so I didn't make a mess or waste any of it. My hunger subsided as I continued to drink the blood. By the time I'd finished the whole bag, I wasn't hungry anymore ", you full yet?"
       I nodded as I set the empty blood bag down next to me ", I never thought a vampire thirst could be so intense. It's amazing you were able to control it around me."
       "It was easier than you think. However, when we were trying to have a baby, I found it hard to control it then. Other then that one time, I've never had a problem with it."
       

       "Val... if I was to be pregnant and you turned me, would the baby die?"
       "No, it wouldn't but... wait, are you?"
       "I'm not sure anymore. It could of died while I was dying, right?"
       Valentine thought for a moment as I stood up. He stood there for a little longer before taking me in his arms, concentrating hard on something. A minute after, he opened his eyes and smiled ", it's alive still."


       "How do you know?"
       "Focus your thoughts and try to read it's mind. It's very faint, but it will be that way for a few more months. I know you can do it."
       "Okay, if you think I can," I closed my eyes and tried to find the faint whisper Valentine had told me about. It took me longer than Val did, but I found it ", is that the baby?"
       "Yes, congrats, you've read your first mind. Now to try and read mine."
       "Vampires and read other vampires' minds?"
       "Only if the other one wants it. This time it will be easier."


       Like Valentine promised, it was much easier. His mind was wide open for me to read it, and I couldn't get enough of it. he only had one thing on his mind, me. I love you Rae, he thought to me as he realized I'd finally accomplished his task.
       I love you too Valentine.
       Oh good!, because I thought you'd hate me after doing this to you.
       I could never hate you for this, especially if it was the only way for us to still be together.
       I still feel bad about it though.
       Don't be, you had no choice, besides...


       We can be together forever now... right?
       Valentine smiled even more as I mentioned being with him forever, it was like something clicked in his mind as he realized we could be a couple for eternity, yes Rae, we're going to be together forever. No more problems with my father, I won't let him hurt you again, or our baby. Not now, not ever again.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm so happy that everything worked out. I can't wait to read the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That was intense! This is a very creative vampire themed story! Well done!

    ReplyDelete