Friday, August 24, 2012

The Boy Of The Night Part 12


Not Recommended For People Thirteen Or Under

I also have a facebook page for my stories if anyone wants to like it. I'll be posting sneak peaks, pictures, and all my stories as they come out on it.


(Issac)

       I tried to ignore my grandfather's voice in my heard as I walked out of the kitchen, holding the stupid book I'd been told to read for my class. It was a children's book for K-2nd, and I couldn't stand reading it! It had no plot, no climax, no nothing! The words were boring as heck, and the pictures so poorly done, It looked like it had been puked up. Sometimes being so smart had it's disadvantages, one being my grandpa always trying to get me to turn on my parents.
       Issac, oh my dear Issac, he whispered in my head, we both know you're better than this! You could be reading high school level books if you wanted, but your parents won't let you...but I'd let you read them. You could invent things whenever you wanted, and not only that, I'd let your sister Nylora join us! I could give her the ability to hear even! 
       You could do that? You could make my sister able to hear? I'd always wanted Nylora to not be deaf, to be able to hear the noise of the busy city outside and not through our thoughts. She didn't deserve to be deaf, yet again, my father didn't deserve to be deadly allergic to the sun either, could you... make it so that dad could go outside, into the sun without burning up alive?
   

       My grandpa remained quiet, leaving me to ponder the big question I'd been going over ever since my grandpa started to talk to me, should I trust my grandpa or not? He seemed like I could trust him, but my parents said he wasn't to be. They claimed he'd tried to kill mom, and that he tried to poison dad, but had he?
       No Issac, he finally told me, I tried to find a cure for him when he was younger, but with no luck. I'm sorry, but I truly believe there is no way to fix your father's condition.
       That's where you'd be wrong!, I yelled at him, I'll find it, and my father will be able to look at the sun, and not burn to death. He's done so much for me, he deserves to be able Nothing, I repeat, nothing, will stop me from finding it. There is a way, and I intend to find it. Now if you excuse me, I have a children's book to read for school.



(Valentine)

       "Dad? You awake?" Issac asked me, walking up to the bed.
       "I am now, what is it Issac?"
       "Do you... mind being the way you are?" he asked, trying to avoid looking at my scars.
       "What do you mean?"
       "You know, allergic to the sun?" he pointed toward my arms, trying to act like it wasn't a big deal.
       "I've gotten used to it, but I'll never enjoy it."
       "How could you get used to something as serious as this!"
       "One word, time. Imagine living completely in the dark your whole childhood, not having anyone to talk to during the day because your parents work and no one likes you. That was my childhood pretty much summed up," I didn't know why Issac had woken me up, but it had to be serious. How do you tell someone you love how you really feel about something like this? ", so basically I've lived my whole life in the dark. You, your sister, and your mother don't know how luck you are to be able to go outside whenever you want. Why do you ask?"
       "Just because I can. It's been coming across my mind. So... would you take a cure to your condition if you could?"
       "There would be no doubt that I would, but if your mother, your sister or you had it as well, and there was only one antidote for it, I'd give it up so you could live a life worth living."
       "You'd do that for me?"
       "Issac, I'd do anything for you."



       "Wait a sec, are you saying you'd... die for me?"
       I nodded ", my family means the world to me. If anything were to happen to any of you, I'd never forgive myself."
       "Never?, but what if it wasn't your fault?"
       "Your mother being attacked wasn't my fault, but I still take the blame for it."
       "Was it... scary?"
       "I walked into the house, finding her almost dead in the living room. Yes, it was very scary."
       "But she's a vampire, couldn't she of at least of gotten a bite out of grandpa?"
       "Issac, your mother wasn't a vampire when he attacked her, she was a human."
       "A human?" Issac stepped back in shock ", but aren't vampires born?"
       "You, Nylora and I were, but not your mother. You can become a vampire two different ways. You're born that way, or you're turned into one."
       "Did grandpa turn mom then?"
       "No... I did."
       "You?"
       "Yep, if I didn't she wouldn't be here... and neither would you. Mom was pregnant with you when grandpa attacked her. In order to keep her from dying, I had to turn her into a vampire. I didn't know at the time we were going to have you, but after I turned her, she told me. You narrowly escaped death my son, you are indeed, more lucky than you think."



       "Come on Nylora!" I tried to cheer on my daughter later that week in our new penthouse. It had a little more room, but if we were going to have anymore children... we'd have to move someplace else. Rae was already pregnant with our third child, and a four would make this place crammed even more than it was.
       Daddy catch me!, she told me as she fell into my arms, I went far this time, didn't I!
       You sure did, a whole three feet more to be exact. I'm so proud of you!



       I picked her up, throwing her lightly in the air and catching her. She tried her best to laugh out loud, and she did a wonderful job of it. She'd recently started to try and talk with her mouth, her favorite things to say being random baby names for her soon to be arriving sister. I don't know where she got them, but she'd come up with some pretty names, her favorite seemed to be Deidra.


       Daddy wants to read something, I thought to Nylora, you okay with playing with Tyler?
       Tyler wants to play, so yes.
       I set her down and she crawled over to her teddy bear, Tyler she liked to call it. She first started to try and talk when we'd bought her the bear when she turned two, only a month ago. She'd try and use actual words to speak with Tyler, and she'd imagine that he spoke back. It was really cute to watch. She assured me though that she wasn't doing it because she was lonely or crazy. She just wanted to practice for when she would have to talk with someone who wasn't her family.


       I changed into something more comfy and sat at the diner table, reading a martial arts book for my most recent film production, which was going to have some martial arts in it. I wanted to get everything just right, and in order to do so I'd have to learn more about it.
       "Valentine!" Rae called for me ", can you come over here?"
       "Sure, what's up?"


       "I want your honest opinion on my painting. Do you like it?"
       I looked at the canvas, marveling Rae's textures and variety of colors. It all matched up perfectly, and I'd never seen a painting so alive in my life.
       "You've done a truly astonishing job Rae! All of your recent work has been breath taking, just like you."
       "You are such a sweetheart Val! Do you really think-" she stopped in mid sentence, suddenly breathing very hard.
       "Rae, is the baby coming?"


       "Yes," she groaned, holding her stomach ", can we leave now?"
       "I was planning on it. Issac!" I yelled, our son coming out of the bedroom.
       "Yes dad, what is it?"
       "Mom is in labor. Please get Nylora and Tyler out of the bedroom and bring her to the car, okay?"


       "What!" he screamed, putting his hands behind his back ", mom's in labor? Are you okay? Do you need a glass of water or..."
       "Just get Nylora and Tyler, then follow us down stairs, that's all Issac," Rae tried to calmly say, talking deep breaths. Issac nodded frantically, running into our bedroom to get Nylora ", at least this little one wasn't during a bad time like her siblings. Right Val?"
       "That's for sure. No being stuck in elevators or being locked in rooms, it's almost too strange to be true."
       "Let's not jinx it now Val," Rae tried to laugh, only to find herself in more pain ", this baby doesn't like humor it seems."
       "That's a shame," I exclaimed, helping Rae to the door as Issac came out with Nylora, holding her teddy bear ", try to remain peaceful if possible for the time being, we'll be there in no time."

3 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series! Can't wait to see the new baby... will it be named Deidra like Nylora suggested? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it will be named Deidra. She's really cute as a baby, not so much as an adult though. She's like the girl version of her dad in the looks department, which isn't that great looking.

      Delete