Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Destruction Of The Codes Chapter Ten


Efren and Lestat get to see each other after years of not being able to contact each other. Some striking news comes up as the group deals with the dimension their in collapsing and doctor starting to put his master plan to work.

   
    "I'm dreaming, I have to be," Efren said as he closed his eyes and shook his head,then looking back at Lestat to see if this was real ", no, it's really you."
    "Did you think your were having a deja vu moment or something?" Lestat told him, opening the door for his friend to get out ", because I can assure you, I'm not a figment of your imagination."




    "You always did have a sense of humor," Efren put his arms around his old friend, Lestat hugging him back.
    "It's so nice to see you after so long," Lestat explained, not seeming to care that we were in a prison and someone could be coming at any moment ", what's it been? Fifteen years at the least? No matter, It's about time we got you got out of here."




      "Thank you Lestat, it's nice seeing you too." the mood between the two didn't change as Efren brought up another topic ", if we're going to get out of here alive, we're going to have to do it quick. The doctor has sent all his minions somewhere, but I have no idea where. As long as they're not going after my family..."
    This man had a family? The thought of what might be going on at home without him brought chills up my back. Another thing that sent even more bone chilling feelings was the fact that the doctor had sent all his minions someplace, but where?
    Lestat apparently hadn't spent much time keeping contact with Efren, because he seemed surprised by the fact that he had a family ", you have a family? Your a dad now huh?"
    "Yep, three boys, one girl and a step son, but that's not important right now. We have to get out of this place before the patrols come around."
    "No problem, safe haven here we come. I'll get you to your kids as soon as we can. I promise." However, bringing Efren back home would prove to be harder than expected.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
    "Rextmar, Selene, Angelia! Can you please come into the main room!" Lestat yelled once we'd gotten back, the sound of his voice echoing through the halls, but with no response ", Rex? Are you there?"
    "Angelia!" I started to yell. Something wasn't right. She'd usually be in here, learning to read from Rextmar. She was always running into the room whenever her name was called. Where was she?
    Efren could tell from the look on his friends face that he was in distress ", what's going on?"
    "Rextmar, Selene and Arther's youngest Angelia should be in here, but they're not!"
    A certain smell came to my attention. The smell of rotting flesh, burnt pancakes and expired mustard. The moment Lestat and Efren smelled it as well, I could tell they knew what had happened.
    "He has them," Lestat explained to me ", the doctor has Rextmar, Angelia and Selene!"
    "That is why all of his minions were gone!" Efren started to say ", he was planning to use them to take all of you captive."


    We decided we'd leave as soon as Efren had changed into something else. Lestat told us that now the place had been disturbed, that the place was coming down faster than expected. A few times it started to shake like there was an earthquake going on as we waited for Efren.
    "I just don't get it," Lestat tried to explain to me ", the only way for the doctor to know we were here was to have someone tell him from the inside, but I don't know who!"
    "Please don't suggest we did it," Zeke asked of Lestat.
    "I don't think either of you would. All you two wanted was to help me. If you really wanted to help the doctor, you would of done everything in your power to keep me here. Instead, you asked to come with me."
    "How about Rextmar?" I asked.
    "No, he's been taught since he could understand what we were saying that the doctor isn't one to work for. He hates that man."
    "Selene?"
    "She volunteered to help me get all of you to safety when you were in captivity. I don't think it could be her."
    "Angelia?"
    "Maybe, but it would be out of fear if that. Her mind is still of a child, and she's not sure about who she is."


    Lestat and I stopped talking when we noticed Zeke walking off ", where are you going?"
    "If you want to know more about someone, check up on their belongings. I'm going to see all the rooms to see if I can come up with any hints to who is causing the trouble."


     Lestat and I remained quiet. Zeke's idea was actually a good one. Why hadn't we come up with it?
     "So how are you doing?" Lestat asked me, holding my hand.
     "A little confused, but not because of the time stream."
     "Same here. I just don't understand how this could of happened, or how we narrowly missed the doctor's minions. It smells like them for sure, but there is no sign of any sort of fight."
     

    "I had a thought back in the other room," Efren said as he walked trough the door, with a pair of new clothes, a clean face and his hair done.
    "Really?" I asked him ", what is it?" 
    "I don't know how I didn't think of this while I was with my children, but they represent everything so far in the prophecy of the Chosen Five."
    The Chosen Five? What was that about? I didn't want to ask yet however.
    "You've got to be kidding me," Lestat responded ", your kids?"
    "Yes, my kids! And if they are, then if the doctor was to learn of this, then he will do anything in his power to kill them."


    "Then we defiantly have to get back to them," Lestat told Efren, my stomach starting to act up again ", you okay Leanna?"
    "I still have no idea why I'm still getting sick. I thought that it would stop by now."
    "This dimension's principles are coming out of wack," Lestat explained to me, putting his hand around my waist to try and comfort me ", not only that, but you should of hit your first trimester by now with us being here a day and a half already."
    "This girl is pregnant?" Efren asked Lestat ", is the other boy the father?"
    "No, he's a friend of her's. This is Leanna, my girl friend and if haven't guessed it yet, I'm the father."
    "Oh, we really need to catch up."
    "We can do that once Zeke gets back and we go to the next dimension down the stream."
    "You should check to see what the next place is," Efren explained ", we wouldn't want to end up in a place the doctor is in control of."
    "Great plan, I'll be right back."


    He opened a hole into the time stream, slipping through it. Not even a minute later, he was back, and with more bad news ", we have a problem."
    "What is it now?" I decided to ask, regretting it soon after.
    "The time stream is now swarming with minions. If we are to go to the next dimension, what we find there will be the least of our problems, getting there will be."

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for more crossovers! XD Can you tell I like them lol! ;oD

    ReplyDelete