Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Goodbye Finale


The final chapter of this series. (I think I'm going to cry) Anyhow, thanks to all of you who have been reading my story. I'm planning on doing a sequel on Roy and Maxie's children, but I'm wondering if you guys think I should. So I have a poll set up at the top right-hand corner of my blog. Please vote if you want me to continue with with another story.

We finally get to hear the song Roy wrote, and things finally fall into place as this story comes to an end, for now anyway.


Roy's face start to drip with anxiety as Maxie started to introduce him to the crowd. Everyone knew the master Acrobat was her husband, but no one knew his story except her, but that was all about to change. This was Maxie's most packed show yet, the media everywhere you looked. The moment Roy started to sing, his story would be out there and people would start to ask questions. She'd explained this to him, but he tried to assure me he was ready for anything they threw at him.



As she handed him a mic, he gave her a quick smile of encouragement to show her that  he was going to be alright, and so would she. 


"Before I sing the song I wrote, I want you to know that it's just not some words I threw together just for the fun of it," he started to tell the audience ", this song really means a lot to me because... well, I'll let you listen to it and you'll see." 




The music started up and the building was filled with the sound of Roy's voice, perfectly in tune to the music. It was a beautiful thing, and the words he sung brought tears to many eyes.


"Eighteen and already a father, just wanting to provide for the ones he loves. The girl he left home for slowly becoming something she’s not. 
Things haven’t gotten any better six years later. The girl he thought would never leave dead over night, now an only father without a diploma and a job. 
Searching for work for another year, until death strikes again, taking the only thing that he had left to love, the one he never thought could die so young, his son.
Three years have past and he's moved on. A wife, kids, and dreams he's always wanted coming true, but now matter how much he tries to shake it off, he knows his heart is still not healed. How can one move on, when you haven't even said goodbye?"


  
"So here I am, putting it all down. I've thought it through and I know what I'm to do. It's taken some thought, but I've finally put it together. I've spend hours writing it and I hope you'll like it. My heart aches to sing this to you, but I know it's time I'd said farewell once and for all. So here's my song my dear Helen and Billy, A Song To Kiss You Goodbye."


After Roy finished his section of the song he'd written, Maxie started to sing the part she'd come up with. The audience cheered her on as she started to sing, but quieted down after they heard what she was singing.

"As teens we thought we were meant to be. The skies the limit as we adventured for fame. 
Friends got in the way, and distrust came into play. Mixed emotions messing with my mind as I learned to love another besides you.
Not hearing your voice like when we were young leaving me with doubt, and just wanting to feel wanted, I turned to another. 
He came to you and made a deal, explaining what you were to do. Love me first, that was all he wanted from you. He asked you to love me. What's so hard about that?
For a time it worked, and we decided to tie the knot, but secrets were revealed, and things went down hill from there. 
Now your gone, and no one can find you. You've left a different girl than me with your child. What was I to do but move on? You didn't seem to want me anyway anymore."


"So here I am, putting it all down. I've thought it through and I know what I'm to do. It's taken some thought, but I've finally put it together. I've spend hours writing it and I hope you'll like it. My heart aches to sing this to you, but I know it's time I'd said farewell once and for all. So here's my song my high school sweet heart Stephan, A Song To Kiss You Goodbye."


When the last verse came up, everyone was on the edge of their seats. What was going to happen next? Roy looked over at Maxie, starting off the words to last verse.

"All those years I thought we'd have-"
"All the times we failed one another-"
"All the times I thought I could of done better-"
"All of the doubts of if I was the one to blame."
"All the thoughts of why things are this way-"
"All the pain we caused each other-"
"I give them up-"
"I've finally given them up-"


"We've had some great times-"
"And some not so good ones-"
"But you were still my world-"
"You were still the only one for me-"
"But now you're gone-"
"And things have changed-"
"So I'm finally wanting to say goodbye-"
"I'm finally going to say goodbye-" 


"So here I am, putting it all down. I've thought it through and I know what I'm to do. It's taken some thought, but I've finally put it together. I've spend hours writing it and I hope you'll like it. My heart aches to sing this to you, but I know it's time I'd said farewell once and for all. So here's my song, the one I wrote just for you, A Song To Kiss You Goodbye."


"Where ever you are, I hope you can here me. You need to know I'm moving on finally. There's so much more I wanted to tell you, but I finally realize that will never happen. I still love you and I always will, but I have to leave you in the past. So here's my song, I hope you understand, that it's time for our final goodbyes, so please except this song, A Song To Kiss You Goodbye.

After the song was over, the crowd stood up, applauding more than either could of imagined. Not one eye wasn't crying at least a little. The cheers didn't end for the longest of time, and it would seem they never would.





As the crowd continued to clap and cheer, Roy took Maxie in his arms ", I never expected this type of reaction. The song wasn't that good. It was just a little something to let go of how I was feeling."


"But it was what it said that is making them cheer us on," she explained, cuffing his head in her hands ", those words were powerful, and meaningful. Who knows, some of them might even relate. I'm sure almost everyone has lost someone they loved, and they realize that even though they might of moved on with life, they're still clinging on to them and need to let go."


"You took the words right out of my mouth, but don't you always do that?"





Once again, thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote if you want another sequel. Since none of you have gotten a good look at Maxie and Roy's children (Except if you've been reading my memories), here are some pictures of them for your pleasure. If I was to do a sequel, it will be on the kids. Maybe Stephan will make an appearance as well.



Willow (Stephan's child) and Cindy, Roy's two little angels, just waiting to get into trouble with guys when they're older.



Yurko and Sean, the Twins (identical, that's a first for me). Crazy, full of energy, and my favorite boys of all time.




Cindy- "Hi, we're the Herman kids."
Yurko- "I think they know that sis. We were just introduced you know."
Cindy- "It's still nice to say hi."
Yurko- "Whatever."
Sean- "Can you stop taking pictures of us? I have to get back to my painting."
Willow- "Like Sean said, I'm tired of you taking pictures of us. I have better things to do, like explore the yard for treasure."


Yep, I'm keeping them. Especially the twins. WarningTwin spam coming up the next few pictures!




Is someone in love? Yes I very much am <3 Please vote if you want a sequel. i can't say goodbye to my boys! 

2 comments:

  1. That was such a great finale! And the kids, you should so do a sequel, those twins and the girls...they're just too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww yay Roy and Maxie! That was so great. And their kids! So adorable! Cindy looks like she's certainly going to take after her mother in the looks department :P And the boys... well they just look like mum's worst nightmare XD hehe. I'd certainly be up for a sequel :) xx

    ReplyDelete