Monday, July 23, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Goodbye Chapter Nine


Maxie gets her garden and nectar making machine, Roy starts up on his fashion skills after not being able to do so since he was a teenager, and we welcome a new member to the family.


Maxie Clands' P.O.V

I'd convinced Roy to let me have my own garden of fruits so I could start making nectar. He'd built a small shed outside that lead to the nectar cellar where I could make and store them. He was even willing to help me tend to the garden if I was busy. He's so sweet, but of course I'd allowed him to get a  few things of his own.


I'd recently learned that Roy loved to draw, sew, and create fashion designs. He was never able to do much of it ever before because of funds and lack of supplies, but now he could. I'd bought him a drawing table, a sewing machine, and we were currently drawing up the plans for a fashion design room for him to do it all in. The question was where do we put it? 

Another thing was when he was a child, he started martial arts classes and was the best out of all the students. Once again, he had to stop because of limited funds his father had after his mother left. I'd bought him a few supplies I'd gotten from a tour in China that would help him start his martial arts training again. Was he overjoyed when he found out about all the stuff I'd gotten him? Oh yes he was.


"What are you drawing now Roy?" I asked him as I tried to look over his shoulder.

"A multitude of things actually," he explained, looking up at me ", I have wedding outfits, performance wear, children's clothing and random casual attire scattered through out this whole paper. After I'm done drawing my ideas, I'm going to pick a few, try different coloring and styles, and perfect them before I attempt to actually make them."

"I love that one right there," I told him, pointing of an outfit of a rolled up long sleeved shirt, a vest, and some sort of hat.

"It's one of my favorites so far. I'm planning on making the shirt white, the vest a dark red color, and the fedora will match the rest of the outfit."

"Is that what the hat is called? A fedora?"

"Yep, it's my favorite accessory. I'm thinking about adding some arm bands to the shirt as well. What do you think?"

"Draw them in quickly so I can see what it would look like," Roy nodded, looking down at his paper and drawing in a quick sketch on the outfit's arms, the arm bands ", they look great! You need to make this outfit as soon as you can!"


"Believe me, I will start on it after checking on my little baby girl your taking so great care of,"

I shook my head with a smile on my face ", you and wanting to touch my stomach. I'd swear, you're going to love her more than me."


"I can love both of you and Stephan's child, can't I?" he asked, getting out of his seat and taking me in his arms ", don't worry, you won't be forgotten. Stephan's baby, our baby, and most of all you, are going to be the loves of my life." 

"Could you be anymore amazing?"

"Well, I could give you a kiss if you want?"

"When do I ever not want one of those?"


Roy Herman's P.O.V.

Where would I be without Maxie? Dead probably, it's not a pleasant thought, but it's true. She was the only thing I loved with my whole life, but there was room for two more, maybe another when the time was right. We'd gone to the hospital and they'd told us the gender, a girl. Stephan's Personal Assistant, Penny L. Steens, also checked on how her baby was going, and she was going to have a girl as well. Maxie and I were convinced that we wanted to adopt Stephan's baby, and nothing could change that now. 

Three girls in my life? Was I going to be able to handle it? I knew I could, and I was going to with everything I could give. Stephan's baby was going to need a father, since he was still missing, and I was determined to be that dad for her.


My two girls would need someone to be there for them as well. Maxie was still attached to Stephan, and I seemed to be her only way with coping with his betrayal and disappearance. Of course I couldn't forget my little baby. Maxie might not realize it, but I was already attached to her. Whatever she looked like, I already knew she was gorgeous beyond belief. I didn't know her personality, likes, or dislikes yet, but she was already my number one girl. I knew I'd love all of them, and not one would receive more of my love than the other. They were now my world, the only things that mattered to me.


(Later that week)
"Why did we have to come here again?" Maxie asked as she looked around the tattoo part of the Salon.

"I needed to buy a fedora, and I saw one here that fit my outfit perfectly the other day. Then I saw some gloves that I thought would go good with it as well and..."

"Are you done looking for things?," Maxie asked kind of impatient ", because I was kind of wanting to see you in your new outfit."

"I'm in it already. That's what took me so long."

"Oh, then how about I turn around and..."

   
"... oh wow!" she yelled in surprise.

"What? Do I look bad or something?" 

"Let me put it this way. Ahem... why hello there you sexy," she proclaimed sarcastically at me with her best imitation of her being flirtatious ", have you seen my fiance? He was going to show me his latest fashion design, but he seems to of gone missing. Have you seen him?"

"Are you saying I look hot in this?"

"Smoking hot if I'm not mistaken! Rawwrr!"


"I'm not sure how I should respond to that. Ummmmm, perhaps rawr? What does that even mean?"

 "A little something my step sister Keiko sent to me on my phone. It means 'I love you' in Dinosaur."

"Oh! In that case," I started to tickle her sides, making her giggle uncontrollably ", rawwrr!"

"Stop it Roy! That tickles!"

"That's the point! It's no fun if you aren't being tickled!"

"Get a room!" we heard a teenage boy yell from the waiting room at us. When we turned to look at him, his disgusted face was gone ", oh my plumbbob! It's Maxie Clands and Roy Herman! I... I have to take a picture!"

Maxie and I started to laugh as we walked out of the building, the boy still trying to find his phone ", wait! I need a picture to prove to everyone at school that I saw you!"

   
The next morning my world was going to never be the same. I felt Maxie gasp in pain as I held her as we slept ", what's going on Maxie?"

"I"m not sure... but.. but I think it's time."

"Time? Time for... oh my plumbbob. The baby's coming, isn't it?"


Maxie Clands P.O.V. 

Waking up your fiance at 6:45 on a Saturday morning when it's his day off because you went into labor isn't something I'd recommend you try. Roy isn't the brightest without his coffee early in the morning, and he couldn't think straight. He isn't one to panic either, but without his coffee he wasn't much help unless I told him what to do.

"Think Roy Think! What was I supposed to do if Maxie went into labor? What is it!"

"How about get me in the car and drive me to the hospital? That sound about right to you?"

"Thanks Maxie!" he said, helping me out of the room ", what would I do without you in the morning?"

"You'd forget to grab the keys to the car that are on the dresser maybe?"
After thinking about my comeback, Roy ran back into the bedroom to get the keys. I'd already made Roy a cup of coffee and was sitting in the car waiting for him when he tried to get out of the house, hitting his head against the door the first time as he tried to get a shirt and sandals on.

"Here you go," I told him, handing him his coffee ", you need it."

"Thanks Maxie," he thanked me as he kissed my cheek, taking a sip of the coffee I'd made (Extra strong for a change) before buckling in and driving out onto the road.


Roy walked back and forth in the delivery room, waiting for the baby, unable to keep still for nothing. Maybe I shouldn't of given him that extra shot and a half of espresso to his already three shots full coffee. The more he walked back and forth, the more I became nervous. He'd already tried to hold my hand, but between me squeezing his hand and it twitching from all the extra coffee... it didn't work out for more than a minute. The doctors told him to stand still, but Roy's whole body started to spaz out when he tried. They tried to get him to stay out side the room, but I wouldn't let them. Don't we make the perfect couple? The doctors who had us didn't think so.

Finally, to the doctor's pleasure, at 8:23 am Saturday July 23, 1995, a baby girl was delivered at the Hospital of Starlight Shores with the name of Cindy Joyce Herman. The moment Roy heard his daughter's cries, he stopped his pacing, and looked over where the noise was coming from. All worries he could of had was gone as the doctor let him hold his daughter for the first time. She stopped crying and smiled as she looked up at her father, reaching out her tiny hands to touch him. He lifted his fingers for her to grab, and she did. Roy's eyes filled with tears as she continued to smile, holding for dear life to his fingers.

"I'm... I'm a father again," was all he could say as I looked at him. The doctor started to cry as well. This was the doctor that told Roy that Billy had died. Now he was here to see Roy rejoice in becoming a father once again.

"You had to be the hardest couple I've ever dealt with," he admitted to me as I looked at my Roy and Cindy, tears now forming in my eyes as well. What was it with all of us crying? ", but seeing him so overjoyed to have another chance at fatherhood after losing his son just brings new meaning to my job."       

2 comments:

  1. Awwws! I can't wait to see what Cindy looks like! Roy is soooo sweet! XD

    ReplyDelete