Friday, July 20, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Goodbye Chapter Eight


What has become of Roy and Maxie's relationship after Stephan disappears? Some big news and one very big question are revealed as the two move into a new home.
  

Roy Herman's P.O.V.

 I caught Maxie playing her guitar outside when I came home after yet another successful performance. She was trying to write a song about Stephan, but couldn't seem to get the lyrics right. She'd gone through hundreds of possible lyrics and guitar chords, but none of them seem to work for her. She wanted it to be special, almost a goodbye song, but like I'd said, she couldn't give it that special flavor she usually could. Maybe it was because she couldn't write a song about saying goodbye and moving on, without actually moving on.


"Hey Roy," she exclaimed when she saw me, putting her guitar done and letting me take her in my arms ", how was the show?"
"One of my best yet. Not only that, but I've been invited to play at the MN8 next Saturday."
"That's great! Don't forget that we're moving the Thursday and Friday before that. You wouldn't want to stress yourself before your biggest gig yet."
"Not possible when I'm doing one of my favorite things in the world."
"Oh ya?, and what would that be?"
"Being with you."


"You really know how to win me over Roy," she exclaimed as she let go of me.
"Are you sure it's not the other way around?"
She laughed as her hand glided down my arm ", stop messing with me like that. You know it's not fun for me unless I'm the one whooing you."
"But then where does that leave me? Where's my end of the bargain in this?"
"Well, I guess we could split it fifty-fifty. Then we can both have a chance at it."
If you couldn't tell, I loved her to death. There wasn't a thing I didn't love about her. Every moment I was with her, I was falling more and more in love with her. 
It had been two and a half months since Stephan had gone missing. His Personal Assistant recently admitted to the press that she was pregnant with Stephan's baby, and she was trying to get us to adopt it once it was born. We still hadn't decided if we should, but we were leaning more toward yes at this current point in time.


Maxie Clands' P.O.V.

I'd been working on a song to show everyone I was over Stephan and had moved on to Roy, but the more I tried to write it, the more I realized I still hadn't managed to move on at all. Stephan was still a big part of my life, and I couldn't just forget of the wonderful times we had. Then there was Stephan's  PA telling everyone she was pregnant with Stephan's child. She'd been nagging on us before hand though for us to adopt it, since she didn't want anything to do with Stephan anymore. I'd been reluctant at first, because I too wanted nothing to do with him anymore, but the more I tried to write this song, the more I realized I still wanted him in my life, and his child would be the perfect thing to do that, without actually being with Stephan. Besides, I wanted to start a family, and at the time I didn't know I was pregnant with Roy's child.


Yes, I was pregnant, but I still hadn't told Roy the news. He'd been so busy lately with his rising fame, that I didn't want to add anything to his plate. I had to tell him sooner or later, and I planned to do so right away. After we moved into our new house.


"Roy, I have something I need to tell you." I said as he walked over to me.
"Oh... you go first, because I have something to ask you."
"Okay then," I wonder what he has to ask me? Maybe it was about my song?


"Well, you know how you want a family so badly right?"
"Yes?"
"So there's the thing. I've just learned of this and... I'm pregnant!"
"You're... you're what?!?!"
"You're going to be a father again Roy!"


"You can't be serious! Maxie, I can't believe it!" his eyes started to tear up with happiness. I knew how much this meant to him. Ever since his son Billy had died, he'd wanted another child so badly, and now he was going to have one ", I better get my question out before I ended up causing a flood or something."


He got onto his knees and pulled a small black box from behind him. My mind started to race about what was in the box. I tried to keep calm, it could be something else besides...


I forgot what the word calm meant as he opened the box and I saw the ring ", Maxie, will you marry me?"
"YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!" Now Roy wasn't the only one with tears of joy in his eyes.


"I love you Maxie," he whispered in my ear as he embraced me ", for now and forever, always."
"I love you too Roy, for now and forever, always."

3 comments:

  1. oh! So beautiful. I love their relationship. But poor Stephen! Where has he gone? And the poor secretary all pregnant and nowhere to go.... moooooore please XD xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo cute! So nice that Roy gets to be a daddy again! XD

    ReplyDelete