Friday, July 13, 2012

The Destruction Of The Codes Chapter Nine


More strange things happen to our group as they stay hidden. Secrets will be revealed and a familiar face from my legacy will make an appearance. 


I was looking for a good book to read after I woke up when Rextmar walked up to me ", you able to talk with me?"
"Sure, what's up?"
"My mother, Angelia, and even your boy friend Lestat are experiencing some strange changes. They woke up this morning and they're skin was... different."
"What do you mean differe-" Rextmar touched my arm and some images of Zeke popped into my mind.


"What's going on?" Zeke said as he looked into the mirror ", what's with my skin?"
Zeke was paler, his skin somewhat fake looking. 
"No wonder Leanna doesn't like me," Zeke looked at his body, almost crying ", Lestat is way more attractive than I could ever be. I'm just a friend of her's after all. What was I thinking when Selene told me her plan? it would of never of worked."

   
Rextmar removed his hand from my arm and the image of Zeke disappeared ", what in the name of blue cheese was that?"
"I have the same power as you Leanna," Rextmar explained ", when two people with the same power are together, they're ten times stronger then they would be alone. It also helps that we have the same dad."
"We can share images like that? Just touch each other and think of what vision we want to see?"
"We don't even have to touch, and it can also just be something you've experienced. it doesn't have to be a vision. For the connection to work we just have to be within a hundred feet of each other. Last night when you had that vision of the present-"
"How do you know about my vision?"
"We were both asleep, and that is when our visions are strongest. It's kind of a link. Two of us can share the same vision, at the same time. So as I was going to say, when two of us are around we are not only able to see the past, but the present."
"That would explain why my visions have been going wacko here. It only started to act up once I was around you."
"True..." Rextmar stopped speaking, his face showing sudden fear of something ", I think you should see this."
"What's going on-" once again, Rextmar touched my arm and another vision showed up.


"You have any idea why we're this tone now?" Selene asked Lestat.
"No..."
"Not one guess?"
"Well, there is one thing that might be causing it."
"Tell me."
"I can't. It would freak you out."
"Please Lesty! If it's a bad thing, I want to know!"
"If you say so..."


"I think I've figured out why this zone is whacked out and only getting worse. It's breaking into pieces, very slowly, but it is. We should be fine here still though."
"But if this place is coming down, couldn't the doctor find a way in?"
"He could, but this place won't be able to show that we're in it. Unless the doctor gets a personal message saying from one of us that we're in here, we are perfectly okay."


"You need to stop doing that Rex," I told him after he let go of me ", It's kind of creepy."
"Sorry, but I overheard those two talking and knew that something important was going on."
"The fact that this place is coming apart?"
"Yes, I've never thought about that being a possibility, but it makes sense. If that's true... we are in danger if we stay too long."
"We're in danger if we leave! What choice do we have? I don't want Lestat to go through that much pain when opening a portal again."
"He'll be fine. It only took so much of his strength because the doctor didn't take down the force field for him and Selene to leave."
"Force field?"
"Yep, the doctor has a field to protect anyone from entering or coming out. No one knows how he did it, but he's able to take it down for even just seconds to let those two in and out. However, now that Lestat and my mom have turned against him, they can't get back in without causing major pain to themselves."


I was about to ask Rextmar more when Zeke walked into the room ", hey Leanna..."
"What did you do to your hair, and your clothes?" I blurted out.
"You don't mention anything about my skin?"
"I already knew about your skin. Rextmar told me about it. It seems everyone but him and I are not having any change of tone color."
"Do you have any idea why it's like this?"
"Yes," Rextmar exclaimed ", but it isn't anything to worry about. It might be permanent or not, but it won't harm you."
"Thanks for the encouragement," Zeke rolled his eyes before looking over at me ", so what do you think of my new look?"
"Are you... wearing eye liner?"
"Your boy friend does, so I thought I might try it out." 
"Zeke with makeup?" I joked ", now I know your trying to get my attention!"


"What's wrong with trying to get you to notice me? Oh ya, you have a boy friend. Sorry love."
"Just because you admitted to liking me doesn't mean you can call me love. That's Lestat's job."
"Lestat's taken a lot of the jobs I used to have."
"Name three..." I thought about what I'd just said, changing my mind never mind ", Don't mention any of them."
Rextmar looked over at me ", why the sudden change of..." 
I touched Rextmar's arm and showed him a few scenes of my teen years with Zeke.


Something I'm not really proud of.


"No wonder he likes you so much!" Rextmar turned his head away from me ", You two were getting it on!"
Earlier I'd told all of you that I'd never kissed anyone but Lestat. That was a lie. Lestat was the only person I'd kissed out of love. I'd kissed Zeke because I was drunk and was curious about what it was like. We'd had a friends with benefits relationship since 9th grade to the beginning of 12th. We'd party at the beginning of the night, then the rest of it we'd kiss and... I'll admit it, who hoo. After we became seniors in high school, I told Zeke I didn't want to do any of that stuff with him anymore, and I thought he understood. I was wrong. 
"What was that about?" Zeke asked me.
"Nothing you should worry about-"
"Are you out of your mind? You two were sleeping with each other!"
"Shhhh!" I tried to quiet Rextmar up ", I don't want Lestat to know what I did when I was younger. I was a mess then and now I just want to move on."
"I'm so out of the loop here." Zeke claimed
"Fine, I'll keep quiet about this. I'll be talking with Angelia. I'm sure she's in a panic about her skin right now."


"What just happened here?" Zeke asked me when Rextmar had left the room.
"I'm able to show visions of the past to him... and I showed him one of the night we were... you know, doing it."
"Oh, one of those nights."
"Yep, he isn't too happy it looks like. He'll get over it though, I hope."
"Leanna," he said looking me in the eyes ", I'm sorry about what I did last night with Selene. It was not something I should of done. Could you ever forgive-"
"I forgive you Zeke, but you have to know this. I just want to be friends, and as a friend I don't want to see you make a mistake like that ever again."
"I know, I just can't get those images of us when we were younger out my head. I should of told you how I felt back then. Even if you'd of rejected me, it would be better than what's going on right now."
"Whatever you say softy," I punched his shoulder like when we were kids, hitting each other to show the other it was time to change the subject ", enough of this topic for now. How do you like your new look?"
"It's different alright. I kind of like having my hair up for a change. It's not in my eyes for once."
"It looks great on you by the way. You look grown up for once."


"Well it's nice to see you two getting along again," Lestat walked in on us ", is it okay if I intrude? I need to tell Leanna something."
"Sure, go right a head," Zeke answered, letting Lestat in the room.


Lestat's smile vanished as he began to speak to me. Something big was going on, I just knew it ", a friend of mine has been taken captive by the doctor, and I need to go help him out."
"You want to go back to the doctor's lair and do what?!?!" I yelled at him.
"He's not in the doctor's lair. He's in a prison building in a dimension the doctor controls. Less protected than the actual prison you were in, but if I don't go after him now, he will be moved to the actual prison you two were in, and then I'll never be able to help."
"He'll be fine Lestat. I don't want you to go getting yourself into trouble just to save your friend-"
"He's not just a friend," Lestat argued ", he's a very powerful mythic, and if I don't help him now, then everything is going to go down hill once the doctor gets his hands on him." 


"Seems like a big job for just one person," Zeke interrupted ", do you need some help?"
"Neither of you are coming with me. It's too dangerous where I'm going for either of you to come."
"Lestat, I know you want me to be safe," I told him ", but leaving us here isn't  the answer, with this place coming apart and all-"
"This place is what?" Zeke screamed ", that's it, were coming with!"
"But-"
"No buts lover boy!" Zeke yelled at Lestat ", I refuse to let you leave Leanna is a zone that is falling apart, and if she's going, I'm coming with as well!"
"Okay, but don't blame me if you two get hurt."


Rextmar was right about Lestat being able to open portals just fine. He opened one right away with almost not struggle and lead us through the stream once again. When he opened the next portal, we found ourselves staring at a glass cell, with a man locked inside facing the wall away from us.
"Is that him?" I asked.
"Yes, that's him."


"His hair has mint green tips!" Zeke exclaimed ", is that normal?"
"Yes, it's his natural hair color. If you think his hair is weird, you should see some of the other crazy colors mythics have."
"Lestat, is that you?" the man in the cell said, turning around to look at us.


As the man turned around, I noticed the color of his eyes, a shade of green that was almost the same color as the green in his hair. I'd read that mythics were oddly colored, but I didn't expect this. He looked like he might be in his late-thirties, although he had piercings on his eyebrow and ears that were probably from when he was younger, a more rebellious age of his life.
"What are you doing here?" he asked, looking at Lestat.
"What does it look like Efren? I've come to help you out." 


Thanks for reading. Where you surprised about Leanna and Zeke? How about Lestat's friend being Efren Clands, the husband of Volina, my heiress to Generation Four of my legacy?  

1 comment:

  1. Wow looks like Efren has been there a while I wonder how Volina and the boys are coping :(

    ReplyDelete