Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Goodbye Chapter Seven


Maxie finally tells Stephan she's the child of an Imaginary Friend, but how will Stephan take the news?


Maxie Kane's P.O.V.

I knew I'd have to tell Stephan sooner or later I was an IF, the question was when. The argument just kind of fell into place. Stephan asked me why I'd refused to who hoo with him at all. We'd been married three months now and I'd kept telling him no. I didn't know how to explain that if we were to have kids, that they'd be IFs. I didn't want him to find out after we'd had them, so I'd refused to have any for the time being, even though I wanted to have kids.

I finally decided I should tell him, it wasn't that long, but it got my point across, "Stephan, my mother was... not normal. She wasn't well liked, and it was all because of what she was. I inherited this same thing as my mother, but I haven't told anyone. Our kids would have the same problem if we were to have any."

"So what is this thing you keep speaking of? It can't be that bad-"

"Stephan, my mother was an Imaginary Friend, and I have the same ability as she did to transform into one-"


Strange enough, Stephan didn't get mad at me for being an IF, he got mad at me for not telling him, "And why didn't you want to tell me this?" he asked me, "Did you not trust me?"

"I wasn't sure of how you'd react!"

"So you wait for as long as you can before you have to explain all this? I seriously don't understand why you couldn't just tell me!"

"I was afraid of your reaction! I didn't want you to break up with me because of who I was!"


"So you didn't trust me," Stephan closed his eyes for a moment, then looked out the window, "Does Roy know about this?"

"No one bit,"

He looked over at Roy's room, where Roy was working out, "I need to think this through. Is it okay if I go down town?"

"Yes, of course you can."

"Thank you," he kissed me on the cheek to my surprise and opened the front door, "I still love you Maxie, but I have to figure out what I want to do next before I come back and talk things through."


Roy Herman's P.O.V.

It had been two days since Maxie and Stephan had their fight. She'd  been making a lot of phone calls and receiving them as well. I didn't know what was going on until I saw what she was reading after diner.

 Stephan had still not returned, and after looking over Maxie's shoulder to read what she was crying over, I had a feeling he wouldn't be coming back for a while.



Stephan Kane Goes Missing

Last Thursday night, recently married singer Stephan Kane was caught making out with his Personal Assisstant at the Art Gallery after the two, as the bartender had explained it, "had five too many drinks instead of just one."
After about midnight, the two sneaked off to the home of Stephan's PA, Penny L. Steens. At about three in the morning, Stephan was seen leaving the house, shaking in fear it would seem, and walking to his car, but did not return home to his wife.
Stephan has not been seen since he was at his car on 5th West Street. If anyone has information on him, please contact the police as soon as you can.


"Is everything okay Maxie?" I asked her as she stood up to head to the bedroom. She didn't answer me as she walked by me. I tried to grab her hand but she shook her hand away, "Maxie, we need to talk."

"What is there to talk about?" Maxie cried, "Stephan cheated on me and now he's left!"

"Or he could be ashamed of what he did and wondering if you could ever take him back."

Maxie shook her head as she ran into the bedroom, forgetting to lock it before I got to it.


I walked straight in, wondering what I was going to say next. I thought about my promise to Stephan, I'll stay away if you show her she is your number one priority, did this count as him taking Maxie off the top of his list, or had he just slipped?

"Roy, can you come over here, I need to tell you something."


I sat next to her, not expecting what was to come. What did she want this time? We hadn't spoken since her and Stephan had gotten back together, what was she going to tell me?

"If you were in love with someone, would you be upset if they told you something they should of said earlier?"

"Is that what happened to you and Stephan?"

"Yes, I told him I was an... an... I'm sorry I just don't want you to think bad of me if I told you the-"

"You're the child of an Imaginary Friend, aren't you?"

"How did you-"

"The song you sang to me, the one called Secrets, I can relate to it."

"You can relate? Are you saying... that you're an IF as well?"


I placed a hand on her shoulder and held her hand, "Yes, I am. I know what it feels like, wondering who you should trust and if you do trust someone, thinking of what they'll do if you do tell."

"Well, we don't have to keep it a secret from each other now," she said, snuggling up to my chest as a tear of happiness came down her cheek, "I love you Roy. Is still do"

"I know you do, and I love you too."

We laid there, her on top of me as the sun began to set. As it began to get dark outside, she looked up at me and said what was on her mind, "Roy, what is it you want most in the world that you don't have?"

I thought about what she'd asked me. There was only two things I'd ever wanted, and the one I didn't have had been taken away from me when I did have it. 

I finally made up my mind on what I was to say, "I have one of the two things I have ever wanted, your love,"


"What is the other?"

"Something I did have, a family."

"If what you want is a family," I soon found her body arching over me, her arms holding her above me as she looked down at my face.

"Maxie, you don't need to do this-"

"But I want to, you've done so much for me, I just have to do something back."

"Couldn't you just get me a card or something?"

"I could, but that just doesn't seem like enough. You really have done a lot of things for me, now it's my turn to do something for you."

"There's no changing your mind, is there."

"No, there isn't. It's your move though. I won't let you do something you don't want to-"



Stephan Kane's P.O.V.

Watching from outside, I knew I couldn't come back. Even if Maxie did want to still be with me, she didn't need someone would'd gotten himself drunk and slept with his PA. Even if she was a so called "emotional-less and lifeless" IF according to society, she didn't deserve to have a low life scum like I had become. I knew that my chances at our relationship had finally ended, I'd used my nine lives. Now it was Roy's turn, and I knew that this time around, it would work out for them.

I walked off as Maxie closed the curtain, both her and Roy unaware of me being outside. Now that I'd lost Maxie and decided to leave, where would I go now?

1 comment:

  1. Finally! I still love Roxie (I made a couple name in case anyone is confused).

    ReplyDelete