Monday, June 4, 2012

The Destruction Of The Codes Chapter Seven


I have a new cover everyone! What do you think of it?

There seems to be some tension between Lestat and Arther, but Arther doesn't want Leanna to have any part in the arguing, even if it's about her. No one seems to know why Angelia has grown up, and now they have other problems they have to figure out.


Lestat held my hand as we entered the "main room" as we'd all come to call it. Everyone looked at us as if we were complete strangers. What was with them? 


"Leanna," my father started as he stood up from the couch, "As your father I ask you to stop anything that could be considered romantic with this man. You don't know what he's like..."

"Yes I do dad," I interrupted, "I've seen him in my visions. I know what he's like when he's not around..."

"You been having vision?!?!" my dad yelled at me with frustration. Why would be be so mad about this? Didn't my dad possess the same ability? "That's it! You and me need to speak in the other room, alone!" he pointed at Lestat as he pronounced the last word.


"No, I'm coming with as well," Lestat argued with Arther calmly, my dad acting anything but calm.

"You are to have nothing to do with my daughter! You hear me? Nothing!"

"Too late for that," Lestat mumbled to himself as he looked to the side and up at the ceiling.

"What is that you said you useless prustélrz!"

Lestat's head snapped in an expression of shock, "You did not just call me that!"

"Oh yes I did! I have a bone to pick with you! Leanna, we'll talk later, right now I need to sort some things out with this flàitefî."
I saw Lestat tense up a lot when Arther called him that. I need to learn these terms my father was using.


I'd tried to stay with the others in the "main room", but I couldn't ignore the yelling from the other room. They were arguing even more tensely every minute they were alone. I finally couldn't ignore it anymore, I walked out of the room and right into Arther and Lestat's fighting.

"I'm not going to leave Leanna, that's final!" Lestat yelled at Arther,"You know what it feels like to be in love! You were willing to die in order to find Rikki when the glitch pulled her into that time warp hole! Why can't you understand?"

"I don't trust you, that's why! Besides, you're just as old as me! Not only that, but you don't age..."

"You don't either! Leanna most likely won't either once she hits twenty. Selene and Rextmar can't age either..."

"Don't even bring those two up!"


"Why? Because you slept with Selene and she had Rextmar because of that? Why are you always running away from your problems? You ran away when you learned that Rikki cheated on you. You ran away when you learned Rikki was pregnant with Angelia through non-natural processes with your DNA. Not only that, you ran away when Angelia and Rikki were kidnapped by Druce. I ended up saving her and Rikki with Efren's help. You know what I get as a thank you from you? You stab me in the stomach ten times! I almost died because of that!"

"And you should of, except you used your magic potion stuff to heal yourself..."

"It's not magic for the thousandth time! I don't mess with that stuff unless it's portal opening! You know that!"

"Ummm hello," I said waving my hand to get their attention, "I'm a little confused here..."



"What are you doing in here?" Arther yelled at me, startling me to the point that I almost fell over, "Get back in the other room! You don't need to hear any of this!"

"From what I heard, yes I do," I tried to explain to my dad, "For example, if I will stop aging at twenty, that seems like something I should know."

"That yes, but I could of told you later when I'd convinced Lestat to break up with you."

"Which I won't."

"Shut up! Your input is not needed!"



"Lestat can say whatever he wants!" I yelled at my father, who looked at me confused.

"Did you just yell at me?" He asked me.

"Yes I did! You don't have any control whether Lestat stays with me or not! That's his choice, not yours!"

Arther seemed like he was about to break into tears. He closed his eyes, whispering something. He looked over at Lestat with a small smile, "I'm leaving."

Lestat's eyes went wide at Arther's words, "What? You can't! It's too dangerous!"

"But I need to find Rikki. You're right Lestat, I've been running away for way too long. I'm not ready to face Selene and Rextmar, but I think I'm ready to see Rikki, explain what happened." 


Then he looked over at me, his eyes filling with tears, "Leanna, I'm sorry for everything. I should of been there for you to help you when you were growing up. Every night I'd fall asleep, and see those visions of what you were going through. You needed me and I wasn't there," he looked over at Lestat more tears filling up in his eyes, "Please take care of her... and my grandchild."

"Arther wait-", Arther walked through the door before Lestat could changed my father's mind. Within seconds of him going through the door, he slowly disappeared into the air in front of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My father had left, I couldn't believe it. Neither could anyone else, especially Angelia, who still had the mind of a child we'd all come to realize. Her body had grown up, but she mentally hadn't, and neither had her powers. She didn't show a single sign of having any abilities what so ever. Whenever we asked her if she'd had any strange dreams, she'd tell us she didn't know what powers we were talking about. She also would keep telling us that she thought dad was normal, but he was far from that. 

There was one conversation I over heard her say with Zeke that stuck out to me, "Zeke, why is everyone asking me these questions over and over? They are not making any sense."
Zeke just laughed and placed a hand on her shoulder, "After meeting you and your dad, nothing makes sense anymore to me."


Selene was obviously jealous of me, when I was with Lestat, he was always either holding me, kissing me or flirting with me. He didn't seem to want anything to do with Selene when she was around.

"Why don't you go over to Selene and talk to her?" I'd asked him after noticing Selene watching us as he held me around the waist.

"The moment I go over there, she's going to start begging me to drop kick you out of my life and spin her into my arms."

"So you're trying to avoid her then,"

"Yes, I can't seem to bring myself to tell her to get lost-"

"It's because you're too much of a softly," I joked as I kissed his cheek, "But hey, that's one of the reasons I love you."


It had been getting late and I felt like I would pass out at any moment if I wasn't careful.

"Lestat, I'm going to bed," explained to him as I was about to head to our room. Suddenly, I felt his arms pick me up off the ground, propping me against him so he could have a better grip. 

"How would you like it if I carried you there?" he asked me as he nuzzled my neck. 

"I don't think I have a choice, do I?"

"No, you don't," he laughed as he started for our room.


He laid me on the bed and stood back up, "How was the trip over Leanna. Any complains for the provider?"

"Besides the fact that it was perfect? Nothing really." I looked up at him after getting settled and almost screamed.

"What's wrong?" 

"Your eyes! They're... They're..."

"Blue?"


Sure enough, they were.

"Yes but... how did you..."

"It's my natural eye color. My eyes were red before because they'd been infected for so long from living in the Doctor's lair. It's a dimension created by the Doctor, and because of that, certain aspects of it are unstable, like being able to resist bacteria and viruses. I don't know why they changed back so quickly, but they did. They've been red for... forever it would seem."

"It seems this place has many things we can't explain, like Angelia and your eyes."

"That's true," he agreed as he walked over to the other side of the bed, sitting next to me, "Leanna, what do you think of my eyes now?"



"What about them?"

"Do you... like them?"

"Hmmm, I think they suit you better. Red wasn't your color at all, but blue, that color was made for you."

"So... no changed feelings or nothing?"

"Lestat, I feel the same way about you as I did when you carried me into this room."

"Oh good, I was kind of hopeing you won't change your mind."

"Why would I change my mind? If anything, you're even more scrumptious now than before!"

"I'm glad you like the way I look," he crawled on top of me, bending down so he could whisper the last bit he had to say before his kissed me for the night, "Because for once, I like the way I look as well." 

1 comment: