Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Destruction Of The Codes Chapter Eight


Leanna has a dream, but it's different from her others. What's so different about this dream than her other visions?


My visions changed appearance this time around. Colors seemed to dance around the scene as I watched. It was almost like the Northern Lights was playing along side my vision.


   "Zeke," Selene said as she walked into the room, Zeke looking up at her as he sat on the couch reading a book.
   "What is it now Selly?" Selly? What kind of a nickname was that? Zeke never gave me a nickname. Why did Selene, of all people, get to have one?
   Selene giggled at Zeke's spin on her name, "Have you thought about my proposal to get Lestat and Leanna to break up?" What was it with everyone wanting us to not be together? Do we make everyone uncomfortable or something?
   "Yes I have, you know what I think of it?"
   "Oh, I have a guess..."


   Then, before I realized what was happening, the two were at it. Kissing, hands everywhere they shouldn't be, I couldn't believe Zeke was doing this. Zeke, my best friend, was making out with Selene, the girl who slept with my dad! Did Zeke not know what he was getting himself in to? Apparently not, because not long after they'd started making out, they'd found a way to a spare bed in the room over from Lestat's and mine... what was that noise in the other room?



   I woke up the same time as Lestat, "What is going on over there?"
   "I think I know, and I'm not too excited about it." I got out of the bed and walked over to the other room, Lestat following me as we intruded on the noise makers, Selene and Zeke. My vision this time wasn't of the past, it was of the present!



   "Zeke! What the heck are you doing?!?!" I yelled at them, startling the two so badly, they fell off the bed.
   "What are you doing in here?!?!" Zeke asked us, scurrying to get off of Selene.
   "You woke us up, that's what's going on." Lestat said in a displeased manor, looking at Selene who was in shock of Lestat catching her in the act, but not at the same time.
   "Finally, now we can talk," she said, trying to get up.


   Lestat helped Selene off the floor, his displeasure clearly seen by Selene, who tried to explain herself, "Lestat, I know you're upset, but I had to get your attention somehow-"
   "And using Zeke is how you planned to do it? What is wrong with you! You know that's not how to get my attention!"
   "Then how? You've been ignoring me the whole time we've been here-"
   "Because I know what you're going to say. You want me to spell it out for you? No, I'm not going to break up with Leanna!"
   "Come on, you can't possibly actually love that girl-"
   "Yes, I actually do! I'm not going to leave her, she needs me."

   "And I don't?"
   "I've been there for you whenever you actually needed it. You know what I get in return? Nothing!"
   "You mean me offering my body was nothing?"


   "I don't want to sleep with you! How many times do I have to tell you this? Just because you love me doesn't mean I feel the same way."
   "Oh, so you hate me!"
   "I don't hate you. I hate how you think I love you the same way back. There is a difference."
   Selene opened her mouth to speak, but found herself crying instead, "I'm sorry Lestat, it's just... I can't seeing you with someone else!"
   "I can understand that, but you have to realize that using other men to get me jealous won't work."
   "Okay... your eyes are blue!"
   "Thanks for noticing, and your's are still red."
   "I know, I wish I could have my brown eyes back. Your eyes are so pretty-"
   "Don't push it Selene."
   "Sorry,"


   I realized I had to speak to Zeke and find out why he decided this was a good idea. I came across as... not so friendly though.
   "Why on earth would you do such a thing?!?!" I yelled at him.
   "Why? Why! You ask me! Why would I ever do any of this?"
   "Because your insane and don't know when something is a bad idea?"
   "I was trying to get you jealous!"
   I was about to yell back at Zeke, when the comment sunk in, "Get me jealous? Why would ever want to do that?"
   "Is it not clear?"
   "No, not really-"
   "I love you!" Oh no...
   I slammed my hand into my forehead, "I'm an idiot! I should of seen this coming!"
   "Just, get out of this room," Zeke exclaimed, acting like he was extremely mad at me still, but I could see his eyes filling with tears.


   Lestat and I left the room as quickly as we'd come in. I could feel Selene and Zeke stare us down as we walked out the door, then my stomach began to spin once again.
   "Are you okay Leanna?" Lestat asked me as I held my stomach.
   Zeke overheard what Lestat had told me, and he was soon coming to check on me, "What's going on?"


   I ran to the bathroom as fast I could, leaving everyone behind. When I'd finally gotten over my puke fest, I felt Lestat's hand on my shoulder, "You okay?"
   "Yes, I'm fine."
   Lestat gave a deep sigh as he closed his eyes, "I was talking about in general."
   "You mean Zeke telling me he loves me?"
   "Yes,"


   "I'm not sure how I should feel. My best friend, in love with me?"
   "Do you have any feeling for him at all?"
   "No, I don't." And I really didn't. I'd never wanted to be anything but friends with Zeke. He just wasn't my type, Lestat was.
   "Are you sure?"
   "Positive, now I just need to explain to him why I just ran off."
   "I think he has a pretty good guess on what's going on. He was just yelling at me that I was a player, and if I did anything to break your heart, he'd murder me."


   "And he would. He's always been like that. Really protective of me... and that's when I should of seen that he liked me for more than a friend! Wow, am I absent-minded or what!" I yelled at myself. All these emotions playing with my head were not normal for me. 
   "You're not absent-minded Leanna. It took me a few years to learn that Selene had a thing for me. That doesn't mean anything."
   "Then what does it mean?"


   His smile broadened as he looked at me, "That everyone else is horrible at flirting with us." he joked.
   I laughed at his remark, I knew it was true for us,"And what make our flirting so much better?"
   "That there is no need to flirt to get the others attention. Flirting is just an attribute that makes being with each that much more memorable."


   Through out my whole life, Lestat had been the only one to make me laugh when I was down, make every tear of sadness become tears of joy, and make all my worries slip away. He didn't even need to be all romantic with me to make me feel better. His words along could cure my deepest fears, and that was what I liked about him the most. 
   It wasn't his strength, his good looks, or how he wanted to be with me always. It was how he loved to make others feel important. Whenever he didn't do so, he felt terrible, and I knew this from all the dreams I'd had of his past. He had a humble heart, a personality that made him want to put everyone else above his own wants.
   I could tell he wasn't happy about how he'd treated Selene, but he knew that she just wasn't the one for him. Selene was the type of person how would only do something nice if she got something in return, the opposite of Lestat's way of thinking. They were complete opposites, ones that didn't attract, and that's what they'd always be, polar opposites pushing away from each other.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, a love rectangle lol! It is kinda weird that Zeke would get it on with the girl who had a baby with Leanna's dad! XD

    ReplyDelete