Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Goodbye Chapter Five


"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel"

~ Johnny Depp

Stephan has been concentrating on becoming famous more than his relationship with Maxie. How will things turn up for the young couple and the love sick Roy?


Stephen Kane's P.O.V.

"Remind me why we built an extra room to our trailer?" I asked Maxie. I'd been so busy working on getting promoted the past few weeks and I hadn't been spending a lot of time with Maxie. I could tell our relationship was slipping away, but I wasn't sure how to try and fix it right now. I had a feeling she was cheating on me anyway for Roy, even though I had no proof of this. Why was I such a bad boyfriend? I'd ruined my first relationship with Jada, now I was ruining my relationship with Maxie as well.

"Roy needed a place to sleep besides the couch." Maxie answered me, looking at our new add-on room, "We had enough money to build it, so now Roy has his own room. Besides, once Roy finds a new place to stay, we can have another room for... future purposes."


"And that would be?"

Maxie seemed a little heart broken by my comment. I wasn't sure what she was talking about though.


"Well... I'm meeting a friend downtown. I'll be back soon."

"Okay," was all I said. No I love you or stuff like that. What was wrong with me! Maxie was everything to me, and I was letting her slip away!


As Maxie got into the car and drove off. I realized what she'd meant by "Future Purposes". She was talking about when we had kids!

"I am I worst boy friend in the world!" I yelled, "I can't even get a hint about what my girl is saying! Why am I so bad at this stuff?"


Maxie Clands P.O.V. 

Roy and I tried to not look at each other as we watched the performance. We'd been trying our hardest not to kiss or who hoo with each other ever again, but it proved to be harder than you might think. I loved Roy, but I also loved Stephan still, even though Stephan had recently started to show less affection towards me, and it was taking it's toll on my emotions. Whenever I was with Roy, even if I was around Stephan, I'd just want to grab him and kiss Roy for eternity. 

We'd already failed not to kiss again a couple times now. Each time we felt guiltier than the next, but those times had been from the comfort of my house, and they'd only last for at the most a minute. This time around, we were in a public hang out, people watching us, the press "Hidden" from our sight.


"Maxie, please tell me you and Stephan have made amends," Roy asked me, looking over to try and get my attention.

"No, we haven't. I think he expects that I've been cheating on him. Roy, I just want Stephan to tell me he loves me again. He's been so busy trying to get promoted, that it seems he's put me last on his list of things to do."

"I'm sure you're not last, he's just lost focus of what really matter for a time being. He'll come to his senses."

"I sure hope you're right," tears started to form in my eyes from all my feelings mixing together, "Because I'm not sure if he even wants to be with me anymore."


I stood up, about to run out of the hang out. I couldn't be around anyone right now, especially Roy. I wasn't sure if Roy actually loved me. My head was messing with me too much to think. I was an IF, and no one could love an IF. All I wanted at the moment was to feel like I mattered to Stephan. Actually, anyone who treated me like I mattered right now would do.

"Maxie, wait!" Roy exclaimed, grabbing my hand.


I stopped in my tracks, looking down at Roy's hand holding mine.

"Maxie, if Stephan has stopped loving you, you know that you still have one more person who does."

"Who? Who could possibly love me?"

"I do."

And that was when he kissed me.


Roy Herman's P.O.V.

I really did love her, and I couldn't just let her run off like she was. I had to do something to tell her she mattered. When I kissed her, I'd tried to hold myself back as much as possible, which failed miserably. 


This was the fifth time I'd lost control of myself, the first being when Maxie admitted she liked me. I wanted to stop, but every other part of me said otherwise. When Maxie returned my kiss, that was when everything went for the worse.

Since Maxie was now a local celebrity, the local press had been taking picture of our every move, and we'd just supplied their lustful desire for breaking news. I could see the headline now, Maxie Clands Smooching It Away With Another Man While Dating Rising Singer Stephan Kane.

When I loosened my grip on her, not wanting the press to see Maxie with me like this, she whispered something to me that took me by surprise, "Forget about them right now Roy, it's just us right now. That's all you need to worry about." 

I didn't know what she was thinking, but I took it to heart, It's just us right now...


That's all you need to worry about...

Now the headline read Maxie Clands Who Hoos With Someone Besides Boyfriend.

I'm the worst friend in the world.


Stephan Kane's P.O.V.

"Can I see the newspaper after you Roy? I need to check the reviews on my latest show." I asked Roy, who'd just brought in the newspaper and was beginning to open it.

"Sure, It'll just be a..." Roy's eyes went wide as he looked at one of the main articles, suddenly blocking it from my view, "... No you can't see it."

"What? Why can't I?"

"Trust me, you don't want to see how you did. It's horrible. Stupid press, they criticize everything!" 


"You're hiding something," I finally confronted him as he quickly folded the paper up. His face became downcast as he looked down at the floor, "There I said it! Not only that, but I think I know what it is! You've been having an affair with my girlfriend!"

"I'm not going to deny it," Roy answered me. Did he actually admit to being with Maxie? He handed the newspaper to me, opening it to the two pictures of him and Maxie making out and who hooing in the photo booth at the M&N. I was about to attack him to death when he spoke up, "You need to tell Maxie you love her."

"Huh?" What was he telling me to do?


"She needs to know if you still love her," he repeated.

"Why?"

"It's the reason we were... you know..." he pointed at the pictures of them, "She wasn't sure if you still loved her, or that anyone at all did."

"So... you reassured her that she was loved?"

"More than I should of, but yes."


I thought about how I'd been neglecting Maxie, putting singing before the girl I loved more than anything. Then it hit me, "You were reassuring her she was loved... Roy, do you love Maxie?"

He looked at his hands, thinking of what to say it looked like. With a deep sigh, he spoke his answer, "Yes, but I'll stay away if you show her she is your number one priority."

"You promise?"

"I promise, you make Maxie the top thing you care about, and I'll leave you two alone. I'll even move out if you want."

"You don't need to move out. I kind of like having you here now that I think about it." 


After speaking to Roy, I walked into the bedroom where Maxie was reading on the bed. I took a deep breath before saying how I really felt about her, "Maxie, I love you."

She looked up from her book, setting it down as her eyes filled with tears, "You... you do?"

"Yes, I love you," Tears forming in my eyes as well, "I love you more than I've been showing recently. I'm sorry, I thought becoming a famous singer was my life long dream, but I realize that isn't the case, you are."  
   

I walked over to the bed, sitting by her and placing my arm around her.

"Stephan, did you read the newspaper this morning?" She asked me as she held my hand.

"No, I didn't," I lied, "Should I?"

"No, you don't need to. I was just... wondering if you'd heard anything about me in the news."

"No, nothing I've heard about. I was kind of occupied with figuring out how to show you I really do love you."

"You could kiss me. I've really missed those."

"I thought so."

3 comments:

  1. Ugh.
    (Roy is my favorite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya!! I know I came and said hello then vanished again but in one day I found out I had 8 exams in the next week plus exam week it's self!! So thats my excuse for not being around in a while xx

    Anyway, I loveed the new chapter !! Poor Roy !! He really is in a difficlt situation!!

    ~JoJo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm torn, I like them both! They could always share lol! Only kidding! XD

    ReplyDelete