Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Goodbye Chapter Three


Last time, Stephan addressed how he wasn't sure if Maxie was cheating on him or not, Roy told more of his life story to us, Roy found Maxie getting drunk and brought her home and Billy, Roy's son, stopped breathing while he was asleep. 

Is Billy going to live? Why did Maxie run off to get drunk? How will Roy take the news about his son?


Roy's P.O.V.

I'd brought Billy to the hospital as soon as I could, but it had already been to late to save him. He officially died twelve minutes after he was brought in. I'd called Maxie to tell her what was going on, and she was there within those twelve minutes. She was there when they announced to me my son was dead, holding me close as I cried for the lose of my son.

"It's going to be okay Roy, you'll be fine-"

"No, it won't," I tried to explain to her, "I left my family to take care of Billy's mom and him, and now I don't have either. I've lost everything that matters to me, everything!"


The rest of the week I ignored anything to do with the outside world, including Maxie. All I wanted to do was die, but I didn't believe in taking the easy way out of things. Instead, I worked harder than ever to improve my strength. It seemed to be the only thing left for me to do. I would of gone outside to gain some tips, but I knew I wasn't in the mood.


After a week, I'd gotten a call from the person I was renting from. They explained that I was going to be kicked out if I didn't pay up for my first month's worth of rent. I looked for every bit of money I could find, but I didn't even have enough to even pay half of my it. I was going to be sent to the streets, and I couldn't find anyway for me to save myself from it. I'd seriously been considering taking my life when I heard the door bell ring. 

As I opened the door, I saw Maxie for the first time since the hospital. I hadn't realized how much my feelings had still been growing for her, cause when I looked at her, I felt a wave of happiness like nothing I'd ever felt before. I hadn't wanted to admit it before, but I knew it was true. I loved her.


Maxie's P.O.V.

I'd come to check on how Roy was doing after his son's death, and right as I saw him, I knew he wasn't fine. He hadn't shaved for the past week and he'd been neglecting to take a shower, but I didn't care about how bad he smelled right now. I wanted to know if his emotional spirit was okay. I didn't even have to say anything and he explained to me he needed help.


"I can't pay my rent," he told me, "And I'm going to be kicked out if I don't pay up. Maxie, do you have any ideas?"

"You can't pay the rent at all?"

He nodded, "I've tried to find all the money I could, but I still don't have enough to even pay half."

"Well, you could live with Stephan and I until you can live on your own. I'll even help you find some work. I've been able to get some great connections since I've been getting gigs. Maybe I could convince someone to let you perform."

"You'd do that for me?"

"Why wouldn't I? You're my best friend here, and I'm not letting you fall like this."


Roy had been getting a change of clothes as I went into the bathroom to look at myself, my IF form. I knew I had to help Roy. He'd lost all that mattered to him and he'd already helped me when I was drunk; I owed him this. He really was my best friend here, although I was questioning how I really felt for him recently. 

It was one of the two reasons I decided to have a few drinks about a week ago. I'd started to feel different about him after we sang that karaoke song and that lady comment how great we'd be together. I didn't mean to dwell on it, but I did. He was caring, strong, hilarious, handsome (To me anyway), and worked hard for what he had, but those were only some of the hundreds of things I admired about him.

The other reason for my night out drinking was me thinking about how I should tell Stephan I was an IF, and if I should even tell at all. I didn't know if Stephan would stay with me if I told him the truth, and I didn't want to risk it. However, if i didn't tell him and he learned of it, he'd be angry at me and possibly leave still. If only I had someone else who shared the same problem as me. I could talk about how I was feeling with them, and they'd somewhat understand me.


I changed back to my sim form when I heard Roy come out of the bedroom. I walked out of the bathroom and looked over at Roy, my mistake. My heart started to fall head over heals for him. I tried to focus on Stephan, but thoughts of Roy overcame them.

"Maxie... you okay?" he asked me when he noticed how strange I was acting.

"Yes, I'm fine. Come on Roy, I think I know where you can get your first show."


Roy's P.O.V.

I'd gotten a slot at showing everyone how I was more than your average Joe, or in this case a mime. I couldn't tell Maxie how excited I was, but she already knew she'd made my day.

"Roy, how would you like to hear a song I wrote?"

"Sure, what's it about?" I decided to ask her.

"Secrets, so here it goes..."


As I heard the lyrics, I was able to connect with them. It was about a sim who had a secret about who they really were, but didn't know how to tell the people she cared about what she was. I felt the song had been written for sims like me, hiding the fact that they weren't normal, that everyday they wondered if they should tell others what they were or not.

Then a thought came to me, it seemed as if Maxie was singing from experience. Was it possible she was hiding something as well? If she was, was it the same secret as what I had, or something totally different? The harder I listened, the more I realized what Maxie wasn't who she said she was, that just like me, there was more to her that meets the eye, but what was it?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo!!!! What's his secret!! Maybe he is an IF too? Poor Billy, sob :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww naw Billy! I thought way back that Roy maybe was an IF, but I could be wrong...? ;o)

    ReplyDelete