Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Destruction Of The Codes Chapter Six


Last time, Lestat explained his plan on how they were going to escape to Leanna. We also learned about Arther's secret son he had with Selene, Rextmar. To top things off, Lestat was able to sneak Leanna over to his room and they decided to sleep together. 

What was Lestat's plan? What will happen when they group does escape, if they even do manage to get free? How will things turn out for Lestat and Leanna?


The next day, a group of mindless minions brought me to the "throne room" as Lestat called it. My stomach had been bugging me ever since last night with Lestat, and it was getting annoying. When I came through the doors, I noticed that Zeke, my father, and Angelia were already there, but where was Lestat and Selene?

"Welcome to my humble home," an old looking man sitting on a chair in front of us said. I knew from the sound of his voice that he was the doctor, his voice matched the one in my dreams perfectly ", I'm sorry for the delay in bringing you down to see me, but I had some... unique opportunities come up the past week and I couldn't resist."


Just then, Selene and Lestat came up behind us, walking on the opposite side of the group. Lestat walked up behind me, ignoring me the best he could, but I knew it was part of his plan. He'd explained that he would have to act like he didn't know me that well, so the doctor would believe he wasn't planning anything with me.

"Sorry for being late Doctor," he exclaimed as he stood next to me.

"All is understood, you are just in time for me to explain to our guests why we brought them here."


"I know why you want me here Doctor," Arther explained ", But holding the other three is a senseless act of cruelty. They can do you nothing."

"That is where your wrong," that was when the Doctor looked straight at me "Your oldest shares the same brains as you, and that's what I need to finish my next project, since no one else here has the brains for it. The other two guests, your youngest and your daughter's friend, just so happened to get caught in the mess of things, that's all."


"You already know I'm not going to work for you-" Arther tried to explain to the Doctor before he interrupted him.

"I know you won't, but your daughter might-"

"No she won't," Lestat yelled at the Doctor firmly.

"Excuss me? Did you just tell me no?!?!" The Doctor yelled back at Lestat.

"I'm not going to let you,"


Before I knew it, Lestat started to seemingly open the air in front of him, a void of color opening in front of my very eyes. Selene ran over as well to help Lestat open the void he was making. The bigger it got, the more I realized what Lestat and Selene's powers were, portal opening. Minions started to surround us as Lestat yelled for us to run inside.

"Get them! I can't let Lestat or the red headed woman escape! They're vital to my plan!" the Doctor ordered the minions as I ran inside the portal Lestat and Selene were trying to keep open with all their strength. Once Arther, Zeke, Angelia and I were inside, Selene and Lestat closed the portal behind them.


As we pushed against the current of the time stream like Lestat had explained we would yesterday, I noticed how weak Lestat and Selene had become from open the portal. If they did it a second time, I was afraid one of them would pass out from exhaustion. As we came to a small crack in the time stream, Lestat and Selene went over to it and started to pull it open. Lestat looked over at me, tears of pain filling his eyes as he tried to keep the crack open.

"Hurry up," Lestat managed to say, almost loosing his grip on the opening, "Please, get in..."  

Zeke pulled Angelia inside as he followed in behind Arther. Right after I made it in, Selene and Lestat closed the crack behind them. 


When Lestat fell on the floor from being too weak to stand up, I realized what he was willing to go through for the ones he cared about. I also learned one very important factor about being able to open portals, it required the person to be physically strong, because it took every muscle to pull them and keep them open. 

I bent down next to Lestat, moving the hair out of his face before I kissed his head, "Thank you Lestat, how can I ever repay you,"
He looked up at me, reaching his hand up to stroke my cheek, "You've already repaid me with the only thing I could ever want, your love."


"What's going on down here?" A young man with coal black hair and rose red eyes asked as he ran down stairs, noticing Selene, who was on her knees, trying to regain her strength ", Mom... why are you here? Who are all these people?"

Arther looked the man over, then looked over at Selene, who tried to hide her face from him. Did my father realize who this man was? His very own flesh and blood? His son?

"Rextmar my baby, we just escaped the Doctor and we need to stay here for a while until the Doctor stops looking for us, is that okay?" Selene explain to her son, staring him down.

"Yes mother, it's fine. I just want to know who the other four are."


"All will be explained in due time my son... why is the child an adult already?" Selene asked as she looked over at Angelia, who was in fact, no longer a child, but a beautiful young adult, but their was only one question on our minds as of what just happened to the young Angelia, how did this happen?
____________________________________________________________________


After getting into some new clothes and changing our looks, Lestat and I decided to find a place for everyone to sleep. We found a room full of bunk beds, with a double in the middle that would be perfect for us.

"You think this will do?" He asked me as he looked over at me.

"There is plenty of room for all of us in here, this room will do,"

"I meant the bed, for us,"

I laughed as I held onto him, pulled him on top of me as we landed on the bed, "What do you think? Should we try it out?"

"Only on your command my darling,"


This time around we didn't have to worry about minions passing the door at any minute. We didn't even have to worry about the others knowing. They were still either changing their looks or trying to figure out what had happened to Angelia. Lestat and I had tried to come up with ideas of how Angelia could of skipped her teen years, but we decided we could think it over as we looked for a place for all of us to stay. 

As he hovered over me, my stomach started to swirl. When he tried to kiss my neck, I pushed him off me. I was starting to feel sicker by the minute.

"Lestat, please stop for a bit,"



He got up and looked at me concerned, "What's wrong?"

"It's my stomach," I complained sitting up next to him, "I feel like I'm going to spill my guts."

A slight smile showed on his face when I explained I wasn't feeling good to my stomach, "This only started to happen after last night right?"

"Yes, I woke up not feeling that well and... how can I be so stupid! I know what's wrong!"

"You don't actually know what's going on, you could be sick from getting here..."

"...But I started to feel sick before that, and I've already taken one of the pills for time stream sickness. We both know what is going on with me Lestat. There can be no other explanation..."


"Shhh," he said as he wrapped his arm around me, closing his eyes as he leaned his head to mine, "I know what your thinking, and everything will be fine. I'm going to be with you every step of the way."

"Every step?" I asked as he held my hand.

"Yes Leanna, but not just for you. I'm going to be there you and our child."


Thanks for reading once again. How do you like Lestat's new look? It's not completely finished though. There is one more new aspect of him that I'm going to introduce next chapter. You might be able to guess what it is from looking at the picture of him above. I'm thinking of uploading him to the site, but I'm not completely sure yet. I kind of just want to keep him to myself.

2 comments: