Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Destruction Of The Codes Chapter Five


After a mixture of writer's block, sickness and school work, I've finally managed to get this chapter out! For anyone who is under... 13 years old or mentally that young, I'm giving you a warning about this chapter and the next few if you have a very fragile mind that you or the people in charge of you don't want to ruin in this crucial time in your aging development. It's not that bad I guess, but I guess i should warn you anyway.

Last time, Leanna confronted Lestat on his dreams she was seeing, and they shared their first kiss. How will things turn out for this quick moving couple?


"Hey Leanna," He said as he walked into my cell, finding himself being suddenly caught in a passionate kiss from me, which he returned with gratitude.
"I see I wasn't dreaming yesterday," he said as I finally let go.
"No, you weren't, and your not dreaming this either," kissing him again.


"I have a gift for you Leanna, since I can't be here all the time, since I have to come up with a plan to get all you out, so I got you something to pass the time," Lestat explained as he let go of me and reached inside his jacket, pulling out a book, "You okay with reading?"
"Are you joking? I love reading! What's this one about?"
"It's a book on the time stream, everything you will need to know about it. It's by.... ahhh... what I mean to say is... I wrote it over the years of me living here,"


"Do you like to write?" I asked him, taking the book from his hands and flipping through the pages, tons of hand drawn sketches filling the pages along with words.
"Yes, I also like to draw as you can tell from all my sketches."
"Really, what else do you like to do?"
"Well, I'm really into plants and medicine. I'm the one who came up with that remedy that I gave you last time," he shrugged his shoulders like it was nothing, "Once you start to read the book, you'll learn that I'm kind of a... genius."
I stopped looking at the pages, my eyes suddenly on Lestat, "You're a genius, really?"


"Ya, I've always had a hard time cause I catch onto things real easily. I've been trying to hide how smart I really am from the doctor for years. If he learned that I was smarter than he thought, then I'd have even more problems on my hands. You see, he gets rid of anyone with brains and a free-willed mind. Selene is just free-willed, and she has some mixed values. I've always kind of been the guy to fix her problems. I don't know what would happen if I wasn't around."
"It sounds like you care a lot about her. Is Selene is your best friend then?" 
"In a way, yes, but I don't think she feels the same way,"
"Why? Does she not see you as a friend?"
"Yes and no. To tell you the truth, I think she loves me, but I don't feel the same way at all."
"How do you know you don't feel that way about her?"
Lestat stayed quiet for a moment for a moment before answering.


"Cause I don't dream of kissing her in dream land like I do with you, and I'd never do this with just any friend, only someone I truly loved,"  his lips brushed against mine and I was out of it. My hands adventured to the buttons of his jacket, starting to try and undo them. Lestat however placed his hands over mind, stopping me from doing anymore as he depleted from my mouth. I was about to ask him why he'd stopped when he shushed me to be quiet, his eyes looking at the door like he'd heard something. I suddenly noticed the sound of foot steps down the hall, coming toward my cell.
Lestat let go of me, disappointment all over him, "I'm sorry Leanna, but I have to get going," he looked down at the few buttons I'd undone for him, "Maybe some other time,"  
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


When I went to sleep after reading more than half the book, another vision invaded my peaceful dreams. Lestat walked into Selene's room, confusion on his face.
"Why did you ask me to meet you here? You already know I'm going to say no and... what's with the clothes?"
"Oh these? It's kind of the reason I wanted to talk to you. You see... I'm the one who let Arthur free, but there is a catch. I won't give him his freedom unless he... slept with me."


"Selene, please don't tell me what I think you're trying to tell me." Lestat said as he closed his eyes and moved his hands throw his hair, "If your pregnant with Arthur's kid, things just got ten times more complicated around here."
"Well, I am. What are you going to do?"
"What am I going to do? You're the one who got yourself into this mess. If I'm going to do anything to help you, you have to play some part in it. This is your child, I'm willing to take some of the burdens, but not all of it."


The next thing that came up was Lestat talking with Selene about his plan to keep her safe.
"Okay, Selene. This place I've brought you is what I call a safe zone. The doctor can't track you what so ever here, but this place has some side effects on our kind. If a young child or unborn baby come here, sense their powers haven't taken effect yet, they age up faster than normal until they get to the young adult stage. It will take about three days for the baby to come, and a week for it to age into a young adult."
"Anything else I should know?" Selene asked Lestat as he started to rub his forehead.
"Yes, I won't be here the whole time, but I'll come once a day to see how things are going. I have to convince the doctor and the minions you're just sick in your bedroom for the next week and a half."
"I'm... I'm going to be alone?"


"You're not going to be alone Selene, you have the child, and like I said, I'll come to visit once a day."
Selene nodded, tears starting to fall from her eyes," Lestat, promise me you'll be alright. I couldn't imagine something happening to you."
"I can't promise you I'll be alright. I'm putting a lot on the line by helping you. I'll try though, I can't imagine leaving you alone to deal with the doctor and a child."


Some scenes of the child's quick grow soon flashed in front of me. It became clear that this boy was close to  Lestat, and that Lestat cared a lot for him. I also was able to catch the boy's name, Rextmar. He seemed like a nice kid, and he was very understanding of the situation he was in. He also seemed to not care that he didn't know who his father was. Then the thought came to me, this was Arthur's son, my father's son... that meant this boy was my half-brother, but what happened to him? Did my father even know about Rextmar?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


I woke up to the sound of Lestat coming into my room, "Hey, I just learned of something that could possibly be our way out of here."
I got up and went over to him, putting my hands behind his head, "Yes? What is it?"
"Let me try and explain it... hmmmm," he went into deep thought as he tried to explain what was happening, "How much of the book have you read?"
"Chapter 17-"
"You got that far already? Did you understand any of it?"
"Totally! It helps when you're a genius like you are."
The smile on Lestat's face got bigger at the word genius, "Your father didn't even understand it that well when I gave it to him almost twenty years ago when he was last here. I was afraid you wouldn't take any of it in."


"Well, then, let's see if you remember any of the stuff you wrote," I giggled, placing my forehead to his, "Who travels the time stream making sure that trouble doesn't arise?"
"Mythics, a magical creature who's destiny is connected to the actual time stream. That was a simple one. My turn, why do we have these powers?"
"Cause the doctor kidnapped a variety of Mythics, duplicated their DNA, and placed the DNA into human like shells he created that would obey his command. That close enough for you?" I asked him, I really did remember everything I'd read in that book. It was like the information in it was made for me.
"Yes, can I tell you the news now?"
"Why not? My sense are tingling to know."
Lestat opened his mouth to speak, only to close it as he went to think of how to explain it. His eyes seemed to light up as an idea formed in his head, "Actually, it would be easier if I brought you to my room and showed you. I have some papers and sketches hidden in there of how we can get out of here. You want me to sneak you over?"
"Sure, it's about time I saw some more of this place."
"I'm warning you, there isn't a lot to see here if your expecting something extraordinaire."
"That's okay, getting out of this room will be good for me."


Lestat was right, everything here was mostly stone cold walls and cement floors. Lestat lead me past what seemed to be millions of metal cell doors, helping me hide behind corners from minions that were walking around on patrol. When we finally got to Lestat's room, what he'd told me earlier about his interests were proven more as I looked around the room.


To my right was a small selection of plants and herbs growing in pots and hanging baskets. some of the plants I'd seen before, but most of them I'd never dreamed about seeing in my lifetime.
"I have more plants in another room, these ones just need more care so I have them stay in my room."


To my left was a desk covered with papers, books, and writing utensils. Lestat walked over to the desk, searching through the mess until he pulled out a detailed list of what was to come tomorrow when we tried to escape along with everyone else.
He showed me the list, explaining what was going to happen and how to respond if something did go wrong. Everything make sense to me, and I could see why he wanted to show me the list. There had to of been over   a thousand steps to getting out, most of them being what Lestat had to get everything prepared, but I had some things I needed to do as well, like not eat like everyone else would have to until we were out of here. He also warned me that when we did make it out, our symptoms from traveling through the time stream were going to be ten times more painful and such, since we'd be traveling... the unnatural way he called it.
"Unnatural? What do you mean by unnatural?"
"Exactly that, unnatural. We'll be forcing ourselves into an unnatural opening, pushing ourselves against the current to get to our destination, which I've picked for a certain reason. Arthur needs to go to this place and confront something he left back before you were even consumed in your mother's stomach-"
"By any chance would you be talking about Selene and my father's child, Rextmar I think his name is."
"You had another vision from the past didn't you," Lestat asked me, placing the papers back in a secret compartment in a book, "Cause yes, that's where we're going. Arthur doesn't know any of what has happened to Selene. She's still trying to find someone to fill the gap she wants me to fill. Arthur was one of the people she turned to in order to get me to admit how she thinks I felt for her. The problem is I don't feel that way for her like I told you when I saw you this morning."


 Lestat raised his hand to stroke my cheek, "I don't know how to explain to her that I don't love her. She's so hard to get across to at times. What would you do?"
"I don't know, I've never had that problem before. I know what I'd do if Zeke told me he loved me more than just a friend. I'd tell him the truth, that I didn't like him for anything more than a friend."
"If only it was that simple... Leanna. I have a question for you. What were you trying to do this morning with my jacket?"
It came like a stab to the heart. I hadn't been expecting him to mention me undoing his jacket while we were kissing, "I guess I was letting myself get over my head, letting my emotions getting the best of me."
"And what might these feelings be, cause if it's what I'm thinking, I'm feeling the same way. The only problem is I don't want you to do it unless you actually want to."
"What kind of a question is that? Of course I want to do this just as much as you do."
"Is that so?" Lestat exclaimed, raising an eyebrow at me as he gave me our challenge for the night, "Then show me you do."


Challenge excepted.

3 comments:

  1. :D Great chappie! I hope they manage to escape :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah he's kinda cute, I don't blame her! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's actually better looking once his look changes in either the next chapter or the one after that, I'm trying to decide ;)

    ReplyDelete