Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Good Bye Chapter One


Maxie, the daughter of Amit and Zinga Clands has always been special to me. Since I don't want to get rid of her just yet (And I never will) I've decided to do a story of her life trying to get her career as a singer started. So here I go,

Focusing on their rise to fame, the daughter of Amit Clands from my legacy Maxie Clands, her boyfriend Stephan Kane, and their next door neighbor Roy Herman, are in for a ride as they try and tame the path to success.


P.O.V.- Roy Herman

I looked around the place I was to call home till I could afford something better for my son. It was rundown, small, and not in the best of shape but it would have to do. 
“Dad,” my son Billy said as he walked up to the trailer, “Will mom be joining us anytime soon? I know she went up into the sky, but she has to come back, doesn’t she?”
Poor Billy, he believed that mom was coming back, even though she’d killed herself from an overdose a year ago, leaving me to take care of Billy on my own. I couldn’t bring myself to tell my son that his mother had left us on purpose and was never coming back for him… or for me.
“She’ll be back when she thinks she is needed again,” I lied for the hundredth time, “But for now we need to get everything unpacked. I have to go find a job tomorrow and try and get some money off the streets.”
“I have to go to school tomorrow while you do that right?”
“Yes, you go to school and come straight home. If I’m not there, don’t answer the door for anyone. I'll be back as soon as I can."


"You really think you'll be able to get a job this time? Isn't it hard to get a job without finishing High School?"    
"Yes it is, but I know I'll find something here." 
Dropping out, one of the hardest choices I'd ever done. If I didn't, I'd be leaving Helen, Billy's mom, alone to defend for herself on the streets as she was pregnant with my son, since she'd gotten kicked out for being pregnant and choosing to keep the child. If I did drop out of school to work, she'd be safe but my parents would disown me as well. We'd be on our own, trying everything to pay rent and put food on the table. 
"Come on Billy, we need to get everything out of the-"
"Dad, look! We have neighbors! Can we go visit first?"


I looked at the trailer down the street to see a young couple, moving stuff from their car into the place. What harm could come from a quick visit to our neighbors?
"Sure, but after that we have to get everything inside," Billy then ran off down the street, "Look before you go across Billy!"
"Don't worry Dad! Try and catch me!"
By the time we made it to the other house, the young couple was looking at us as we came into their yard.


 Billy didn't waste anytime to go talk to the guy, "Hi, I'm Billy, what's your name?"
"Stephan, I see that your our neighbors here."
"Yes! We were about to bring everything inside from moving until I saw you. Then I begged my dad to come over with me!"
"You're sure an energetic one. How can your dad deal with all that energy?" 
"He's just as much of a ball of coffee as I am. That might have something with it."
The two seemed to be getting along, but most of my attention was toward the girl.


"Hello, I'm Roy."
"I'm Maxie, so where are you from?"
"Bridgeport, and you?"
"Appaloosa Plains, although I grew up as a child in Sunset Valley," after nodding my head, I looked back to see Stephan telling Billy a joke about something. In return for the joke, Billy told Stephan one as well, making the man more than my son did, "Who is that?"
"My boy friend, Stephan Kane. He's a singer, like I am."
"So you sing? How your career so far?"


"Just starting off. We haven't even been able to get our first gigs. How about you?"
"I don't have a job. I currently make a living off tips I get for being a mime."
"Really, a mime? What would you like to be doing?"
"If I could, I'd like to be an acrobat, but no one seems to take me seriously," she started to giggle as I finished my sentence, "I should of worded that differently. Of course no one takes mimes seriously!"
"Sorry about laughing-"
"No, it's okay," I interrupted her, "I love making people laugh."


P.O.V.- Maxie Clands

He was a great guy, he was funny and I could tell that he cared for his son a lot. In some ways, he reminded me of my own dad, they were both funny and family guys. 
Roy looked at his watch after maybe twenty minutes of us talking about our lives. He turned around, walked toward his son and patted him on the shoulder, "We have to get everything in the house Billy. I need all the time I can get to find a better job," then Roy looked at me, waving good bye, "See you some time soon Maxie."
"You too, good luck on getting a job!"


That night, while I was trying to find a good spot to try and get some tips, I saw him again, only this time in action. He was great at what he did, and I decided to give him some of my change. A smile appeared on his face as he bowed in a thanking manor.
"Your welcome, is it okay if I try and get some tips here as well?" I asked him.
He gave me a thumbs up, pointing at the space next to him.


I went inside to change and then came back outside, pulling out my guitar and stereo, starting to sing. Roy came over and started to dance to the beat. People started to crowd around me, throwing their spare change into Roy's jar and my own. After it got late and everyone was gone, I decided to play one last song, just for the fun of it. Instead of Roy dancing, he just listened.


After looking around to see if anyone was looking, Roy finally started to speak to me.
"Wow, you're amazing!"
"Thanks, I guess it runs in the family. From what my dad has told me, I received my mom's gift of music. She died soon after I was born. This is actually her guitar."
His fingers slide down the neck of the guitar, "Sorry about your mother..."
"It's okay, I might of never got to know my real mom, but I still had my step mom. If it wasn't for her and my dad, I don't know where I'd be."
We talked for a while longer until Roy asked me if I wanted to go hang out with his son tomorrow.


"Sure, what did you plan on doing?"
"Figure out the best spots for getting tips, and just to have fun. That's all."
"Count me in," I placed the guitar in it's case and locked it up. As I picked up the case, Roy look the stereo before I could grab it.
"You want me to help you carry this?"
"Sure, I'd like that very much Roy."


I started to regret my choice when Roy brought him, his son and I out. I hardly knew Roy, what if something bad happened? What if he learned about who I really was, a child of an IF? I still hadn't told Stephan about my ability to transform into an IF. What would he say?
"Are you okay Maxie?" he asked me as we entered some gothic hangout.
"Huh? Oh, yes I'm fine," my mind wandering from thought to thought.
"You sure? Cause if your not feeling up to this, we can do it some other time,"
"No, No, I'm fine really. I just have my mind set on other problems I'm having currently. I want to do this. I need to get to know the town."


Billy went straight to the lounge chairs to play joy ride with a friend of his from school. The two seemed to be having a great time. Roy and I watched as someone sang on stage. 
Roy bent toward me, whisper into my ear, "He's okay, but you still sound way better,"


"Thanks, so what else do you want to do here?" I decided to ask. 
Roy looked around, then his eyes got caught on the photo booth, "How would you like to have your picture taken?"
"I guess we could, then we could try another place. I can't seem to find anything else to do here besides drinking, and I'm not much for that."
"Why's that?"
"Two reasons, one, my dad has taught me never to drink that stuff. Two, it's the only reason my parents had me."
"Oh... sorry for asking.... so do you still want to take those pictures?"
"Of course I do!"


P.O.V Roy Herman

I looked at the pictures of Maxie and I, showing them to her, "What do you think?"
"My hair is a mess in the last one," her hands setting on her hips, "Thanks to someone shaking it up in picture three." 
"You said you wanted a funny shot!"
"That I did, and you succeeded in doing that. Congrats on being the worlds best funny hair designer," she exclaimed sarcastically, "Now I need to fix it."
"Oh, I can do it quickly if you want me to. I've had some practice once or twice," she thought about it, then nodded in approval. I undid her ponytail, brushing my fingers through her hair to get rid of any knots I'd made from inside the booth, "Your hairs extremely soft. Has it always been that way?"
"Yes, another trait my dad says I got from my mom."
After finally putting her hair back up, I stepped back to see how it looked, taken back by what I saw in front of me, "Wow... you look... stunning!"
She tried to hide her giggling from my reaction to how she looked, "Thanks, now how about we try another place?"
Nodding my head, I followed her out the door, tapping on my son's shoulder for him to know we were leaving.


As we walked through the door to the next place I'd had my eyes on, I noticed a karaoke machine by the door. After the person who was currently using it stopped using it and Billy had gone upstairs to see what was there, I showed Maxie it, "You want to try?"
"A chance to show everyone my skills and put you to shame at the same time? Sure!"


I tried to sing my best, but I could never get close to the level at which she was. I noticed how her eyes sparked when the light hit them and how her hair flowed when she move from side to side. She was beautiful, but she could never be mine. I'd never want her to break up with Stephan, just so she could be with me. If she wanted to be with Stephan, then she could. Besides, she'd never like me the way I was starting to like her... would she?


After we finished the song we'd been singing to, someone came toward us, applauding, "You sounded amazing! You two look so cute together! You have to be one of the most amazing couples I've ever seen!"
If I'd seem my reaction, I would of seen my cheeks turn bright red, my eyes wide open, and my mouth dropped to the floor. That wasn't what I thought she'd say.
"Oh, were just friends. Sorry for any confusion," Maxie tried to explain, her face turning toward mine. I quickly looked away from Maxie, I didn't want her to see how I'd taken the comment.
"Well, you would be cute together. You two should go out."
"Once again, sorry, but I already have a boy friend,"
I started to stroke my cheek, still not looking at Maxie. This had to be one of the most uncomfortable situations I'd ever been in. The lady speaking to us obviously saw that, cause she just kept pushing it on me.
"Okay, but you two really need to get together if your current boy friend doesn't work for you," she then looked at me and blinked an eye at me, almost as if she was saying good luck.
All Maxie could manage to do was laugh, "I can't believe it. She actually thought we were together. Can you believe it?... Roy?" She placed her hand on my shoulder, my heart started to speed up and my lungs cried for more air, "Are you okay?"
I nodded, not wanting for Maxie to know my growing feelings for her. I'd just have to control myself. She didn't deserve me, and she already had someone. I'd never want to ruin that for her. Maybe these feelings would be gone after sometime.
"Yes, I'm okay... come on Maxie. I think it's time to go home."

4 comments:

  1. I thought I recognised the geetar! XD Am I right in thinking that there is more to Roy than meets the eye? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. define "meets the eye", cause there is... kind of

      Delete
  2. A bit like something River added to the Von Strunkle gene pool? If ya get what I mean? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do, but in truth he doesn't actually have anything, I'm cheating ;)It's because my six year old brother made him in CAS and begged me to include him in this story, so I did.

      Delete