Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Song To Kiss You Good Bye Chapter Two



This time the story will be from Stephan and Roy's P.O.V. Stephan is starting to wonder if Maxie is getting a little too close to Roy, even though nothing is really going on, and Roy's feelings for Maxie just keep getting bigger.


Stephan's P.O.V

Maxie was the love of my life, and we both knew it. I couldn't of gotten where I was today without her. She meant everything to me. If she was to be taken away from me, I don't know what I'd do.


Maxie was rising up to fame faster than me, but I didn't mind. I was okay with just singing for tips and delivering Sing-A-Grams, but I didn't plan on staying this low in my career for long...


... Because of Maxie's rising fame, she was able to convince someone to let me have a gig at the park. The person I auditioned to was amazed by my voice. He explained to me that with a few gigs, I'd be a star in less than a year. 


Today however I was going to watch Maxie perform. I hadn't seen her actually sing on stage yet, and that was one of the things I wanted to see before I died, which wouldn't be that soon of course. Before the performance though, I decided to sing for a few tips. While I was doing so however, our neighbor Roy showed up.

Don't get me wrong, I think Roy is nice and all, but recently Maxie has been spending more time with Roy than me, and I was starting to get a little jealous of the attention Maxie was giving Roy. I'd also started to wonder what the two were doing when I wasn't around. Although I'm sure that Maxie would never cheat on me, that didn't stop me from thinking about it.


Watching Maxie for the moment made me forget what I was thinking. She had one of the best voices under the sun. The words that rolled off her tongue were pure gold, a treasure to all who heard her. Hmm, that would be a good song. I need to make a note of that.


Looking over at Roy, my thoughts about Maxie and him came back to mind. I didn't want to believe that anything could be happening between them, but the way he looked at her didn't help me. I know I wasn't imagining how Roy's eyes looked over Maxie, but I also didn't imagine him shaking the look off his face like he didn't want to let it be known how he was looking at Maxie. After seeing Roy try and get rid of the look on his face multiple times, he finally just left.


After the show, I went up to Maxie to give her my congrats, but when I came up to her, she shunned me for some reason.

"Sorry Stephan, I... I don't want to talk right now. I'm kind of confused about something currently and I need to sort things through. I might be coming home late tonight."

"But Maxie..."


To late to talk about it, she was already walking off the stage toward downtown. I wanted to follow her, but I knew that Maxie needed some time alone if she was truly confused about something.  The only question that laid on my mind was what was going on with my Maxie. I haven't known her my whole life, but from what I knew, she wasn't one to be confused about anything.


Roy's P.O.V.

I'd left Maxie's performance early because I couldn't get my mind off her. Even though I knew she was with Stephan, that didn't stop me from all these emotions I was having for her. Since Billy was at a friends, I decided to stay the night out to get a drink... only one. It didn't help though, especially when I noticed Maxie, drinking away.

I tried to keep my distance, but when she walked over to me, I knew I had to talk to her. From what she'd told me the day we hung out, this wasn't an activity she did on her own free will, or so I thought.

"Why are you here?" I asked her as she stood next to me.

She was startled to hear me, but soon recovered, "Oh, hey Roy! I just thought I'd stay out tonight."

"But I thought you didn't drink,"

"I don't, but I thought I'd try it out for once."

I stood up and held Maxie's hands, "From what I know about you, this isn't something you'd do. Are you alright?"


"Yes, I'm fine... I guess... I'm just confused about stuff. I thought that maybe if I had a drink or two, my problems would... I don't know... fly away?"

"Trust me, they don't. They only get worse. When I was younger, I turned to this stuff for support.Then I thought about Billy if I continued like I was. Once your addicted, it's hard to stop, but I did it, and my love for my son was the only thing that kept me from going over the edge ever again. Maxie, promise me you'll never go to drinking to solve your problems ever again. It messed me up more than you think, and I'm never going to huge amounts of it to solve anything ever again."

She nodded, looking me in the eyes, "Can you take me home? I don't want to be here anymore."

"Sure, don't worry Maxie, whatever your going through, it's going to be okay. If you just need someone to talk to, you can turn to me."


Stephan's P.O.V.

I'd been reading when Maxie came through the door, stumbling in like she was drunk, which from the smell on her skin I knew that she was.

"Maxie, you never drink," I exclaimed as I walked over to her, my face full of shock. Why had she gone out just to get drunk? It wasn't like her at all. Then I  noticing a figure out side the window.


It was Roy, walking off down our path way. If he'd put Maxie up to this and done something to her I was going to kill that man!


"Maxie," I calmly said the best I could as I walked over to her, "Why do you smell like liquor?"

"I went out to the bar to sort out some things, even though I knew it wasn't the best place to solve them. I ran into Roy and after he told me to never drink again for my problems, he brought me home."
"He didn't do anything to you, did he?" I asked, trying to get some answers as to what they did.

"Besides being a gentleman and helping me out, nothing bad, honest. Why are you asking? Do you not trust Roy?"

I tried to ignore Maxie's question, but she just ask me over and over if I trusted Roy or not, "No, I don't," I finally said, "I don't like him. He'd stealing you from me it seems, and I don't want that to happen."

"Stephan, I'd never cheat on you, you know that. Roy is a great man, but I already have the best man in the world, you."  


Roy's P.O.V.

I looked down at my Billy as he slept, peacefully. It had been a day since I'd brought Maxie home from the bar, but still I couldn't get her off my mind, even on the streets while I tried to get some money, which was my only time of being able to block out the world for me.


After tucking Billy in, I went into the bathroom to wash off my mime makeup. As I looked at myself in the mirror I thought about Maxie. I didn't want to admit it, but every time I looked at her, she gave me that one feeling that I couldn't ignore no matter how hard I tried. I knew what that feeling was, I'd felt it when I was around Helen when we were younger, but my growing feelings for Maxie were already more than they had ever been for Helen. 

Another thought that came into my head was who I really was, an unwanted piece of magic clay my father and so many others had told me when I was kicked out because I wanted to take care of Helen and Billy. I was told I wasn't important by others before but from my own father, that had been the end of any respect I had for my father when he told me that. If Maxie was to learn of my family's history, she'd know for sure who I really was, and push me like my father, only he was one of them like I was. 


"You'll never amount to anything!" I still remember my father yelling at me as I walked out of the house, only a school bag full of clothes on my back, and a bicycle being the only things I owned. His scorching yells from the porch pierced my mind for eternity as he ridiculed me in every way possible. My younger brother and sister, hid behind the door, waving goodbye as I looked back, my father, however, was shooing me off.

"Your mother left me when she learned who I was, this girl will do the same to you!"

No she wouldn't, was all I could think for that statement, but she had left me, but not because of who I was. She left because of who she wasn't.


I tried to sleep, but my dreams were filled with all my failures and faults in how I'd lived. It was a good thing I wasn't fast a sleep, or I wouldn't of been able to hear my son's deadly coughing from the other room.

"Billy, Are you okay" I asked, but with no response, just more coughing. Then, just as fast as it had started, it stopped," Billy, is everything alright?" still no response.
I got out of bed and went into the other room, going straight to Billy, trying to wake him up, but nothing could wake him up, nothing. Something was wrong, Billy was a very light sleeper, even a drippy sink two rooms down could wake him up. Something was wrong with my son, but I didn't know what. Then I noticed something odd about his breathing, there wasn't anything breathing in or out. No chest moving, no air moving through his nostrils, he wasn't breathing.

"Billy," I started to cry, picking him up in my arms, "Son, you can't do this, your too young. You just can't. Your the only thing I have left to live for."  

3 comments: