Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ilon Silversmith: Chapter One


In order to understand whats going on better, you have to read The Untold Secret Part One


I looked up the steps of what was to become my new "home", or at least the Social workers said it was to be my new home, it would never be home though. Military Schooling isn't exactly what I'd call a home friendly environment, but what choice did I have? I'd never done nothing majorly wrong. Okay, I'd had a few drinks before and maybe a drug or two as well, but nothing more. I was a good kid. I kept my grades up to Mostly A's and a C (I still hate Mrs. Binglesnap for that) and I treated everyone as equals, but why was I put here? The School Of Peace And Love would be better than this place, and I was cheaper form what I'd heard.


I'd walked through the door to find a welcoming party, three somewhat buff looking guys and a scrawny boy who I was wondering how he survived here. From what the social worker told me, all of the guys I'd be living with had been here since they were in sixth grade.


Then I saw the guy in charge of this group of guys walk into the room. He came straight to me and examined my clothing.
"What's wrong with your outfit soldier!" he yelled at me.
"It's unique and doesn't smell as bad as what everyone else is wearing?" I joked, which turned out to be a bad decision.
"Wrong!" he yelled at me, "Kent! What's wrong with his soldiers outfit!"
"It's cooler than yours sir?" the scrawny boy exclaimed. I seems I'm not the only one who had a sense of humor around here.
"He's not in regulation uniform sir!" The blonde one answered.
"Thanks Cesar!" the guy said, "Someone her has been trained well!" He turned toward me again, his eyebrows twitching at me, "I can see your going to be a troublesome one. Kent, bring this boy to his bed."
"Yes sir," the scrawny boy moaned, motioning for me to follow.


He brought me upstairs and showed me where I would be sleeping.
"So what's your name?" he asked me as I started to look around the room.
"Ilon, I'm guessing your Kent,"
He nodded, "I hate that guy. I hate everything about this place! I'd go home except my parents won't let me. My dad wants me to get a head start for when I head off to join the army. He thinks I want to follow in his foot steps, I don't."
"At least you have parents," I tried to explain, "Mine died and I was sent to live with a care taker, but she recently died in a fire and the social workers sent me here. I have no idea why though."


"I'd say your lucky to not have parents, but then again the social services get to you then. Adults, they mess everything up."
"I know the feeling."
We stood there in silence for awhile, until Kent pointed to the dresser, "You better get your uniform on, you don't want the General to yell at you again. Also, be down at the course at 4pm. He wants everyone to go through the course for good measures." Kent then walked out of the room, leaving alone to think about what my new life was going to be like.


"Everyone! Listen up!" General Jeff Babcock yelled at us, "I want to show the new recruit how we run around here! Anyone want to volunteer to run the course to show him how it's done?"
"I will!" the blonde one said, running not the course.



"I hate Cesar," the boy next to me said, "He thinks he's the head of everything, and Mr. Babcock treats him like he is."
"What's your name?" I asked him.
"Marc Calvert," He said, shaking my hand, "Welcome to Military School, or what Kent I like to call, Hell's Playground."
"Your telling me, does it only get worse from here on?"
"Oh yes it does! This course you see is the easy practice course. In the morning Babcock will drag us off to the hard one, then after lunch to the harder one. This is our end of the day relaxing down course, but only because it's easier than the others."
I rolled my eyes, just what i wanted to hear, "I'm going to love this."
"Ya, the only good thing is the privately owned house next door for the All Girls Prep School."
"All girls?"


"Yep, all girls," he smiled at the though to it, "I'm into one of the girls, but I haven't told her yet."
"How many of them are there?"
"Seven, although only three of them are open for your liking. The other four are dating the rest of us guys or is my love interest, Their having at party while their Head Lady is out with her boy friend. Believe it or not, Babcock is going to be gone that night as well, so we're home free!"
Hmm, a night of partying with stranger girls next door, I'd never been to anything like that, but hey, I was open to it. 
"Where's that run of the mutt Kent!" Babcock yelled over the sound of Cesar boasting about how fast he'd finished the course. We all looked around, where was Kent?
_____________________________________________________________________________


I could hear the sound of Babcock yelling from the course, but i wasn't going to leave. I'd promised Shellie I'd wait for her and that's what I was going to do.
"Aren't you going to listen to him?" Megan asked me from the kitchen.
"No way, I can't stand being around him, and besides, I'm waiting for Shellie."
"You're one dedicated boy friend," Megan said starting, putting the cheese in the Macaroni, "Too bad Cesar isn't as dedicated as you. He'd leave me in a heart beat for some other girl."
"Why don't you just dump him and get it over with?" I asked her.
"I don't know, because I'm not the want to dump boyfriend kind of girl I believe."
"He's a jerk any way, so why don't you?"
"Cause, I don't."
The door opened and I heard Shellie walk up stairs, I got up from the couch and rushed up as quick as I could.


When she noticed me I grabbed her into my arms, giving her a quick kiss on the lips.
 "Miss me?" I asked, running my hand through her hair.
"Why wouldn't I?" She answered, placing her lips against mine. We'd been dating since 8th grade, and we hadn't left each others side since.


"Kent, you know about the party right?" She asked me, playing with some of my hair that had fallin' out of place.
"Yes, your going to be there right?"
"No, I have to go to Drama practice, but you can still go if you want."
"I guess, we have a new guy and I bet Marc has already told him about it, so I might as well help him."
"Another victim of Babcock and Cesar's rule," she giggled after she said it, "How do you like him?"
"He's nothing like any of use. So ya, I like him. Unique is good in my opinion."
"Do you think he'll survive? How long do you think he'll last until he begs to to go home to his parents?"
"He doesn't have parents, the social services sent him."
"Poor kid," she gave me a kiss on the cheek, "You better be heading back, Babcock has been yelling for you for an hour it seems."
"Are you sure it's not two?"
She laughed again as I gave her my good bye kiss, "Don't go getting into trouble Kent." She warned me
I of course, never listened.


When I got back, everyone had already been sent to bed, against their wishes of all things if you could guess. Babcock had been waiting for me to return the whole time. He threatened to make me run the hardest course a hundred times, and other horrible things, but I didn't care. I never did All that mattered to me was Shellie and I, nothing more and nothing less. After realizing I wasn't feeling intimidated by his remarks, he used the dreaded word-


"-Son, you are going to follow the rules whether you like it or not! I'm your father and..."
"Step father," I reminded him for the millionth time.
"I'm still in charge of you! You might be the son of a famous, rebellious rock star, but you still have soldiers blood in you from your real father, so use it!" He pointed his arm up toward the door, but I didn't budge. Finally he gave up and left me there. I hated that guy, and for more reasons than you might think. 

2 comments:

  1. Very intriguing! I wonder who his real father is? Can't wait to read more! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hum.......... Alright not as good as The Clands Legacy though. can't wait 2 see more though.

    ReplyDelete