Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Destruction Of the Codes Intro


For those of you who remember Glitch #6538PR, this my sequel to it. In this story, it's been about 20 years since Rikki and Arther have come back to their world, with Fever and Rygan joining them. All four of them have started their lives, free of any problems, until something comes up. Rikki and Arther disappear, leaving Fever and Rygan to take care of their friends children, and their own.


I've been told my parents were one of the cutest couples in existence, but I don't know if that's true. They went missing after my brother Markus was born. The only memories I have of them are pictures locked away in their old room.


They've also told me that I looked the most like my father, Arther. I had his hair, facial features, and even his brains also. The same goes for Markus, my little brother as well, except for the brains part. Don't get me wrong, he's a smart kid, but not a genius like my father or I, although he sometimes acts like it.


My mother, Riiki, was a nature lover. She planted the whole garden behind our house. She'd been nurturing a growing apple tree when she learned she was going to have me. Every picture I ever found of her, she was either tending the garden, being held in Arther's arms, or holding me in hers.


About the time my mom learned about me, my "Aunt" Fever and "Uncle" Rygan learned they were going to have a baby as well.


Zeke, my best friend from the moment we could crawl. He is one of the loyalist people you can ever meet.


Soon after I was born, my mother become pregnant again with my brother Markus. Fever soon became pregnant as well with twins. Everything was going great, until my dad walked out on us. 


Whenever I'd ask "Aunt" Fever of "Uncle" Rygan what happened to my parents, they'd always say my father left for no apparent reason what so ever, and that after my mother gave birth to Markus, she went after him. Neither have been heard from since. I don't believe he walked out though. If he was as much like me as Fever and Rygan told me, then I know he wouldn't leave on purpose. Something happened to him and my mom, and I'm going to find out what it was and bring them back.


The twins were born soon after the disappearance of my parents. Gzifa was the calm, pink loving, girly girl, always stopping fights between Markus and Rishur, the bossy, controlling but also loving one of the twins. Markus was more on the quiet side. 


Not long after, Zeke and I aged into kids. Zeke started to have an anger problem, but only toward people who treated me badly because of me not knowing my real parents. I didn't mind at all, the people he was yelling at deserved it for trying to put someone else down.


"Aunt" Fever and "Uncle" Rygan tried to become our parents, but they knew that would never happen. Whenever Rygan thought no one was looking, he'd frown and whisper Rikki's name, in a way that made me think he wasn't letting off all that he knew about my parents. One time I caught him crying on his bed, holding a picture frame of my mother close to him. Maybe Rikki and him were close friends, but something didn't seem right to me though after I thought that. Maybe Rikki was something more than a friend to him.


When the twins and my brother aged up, you could tell none of them were a like. Rishur was athletic and couldn't keep to himself, always trying strange things and doing stunts to impress people. Gzifa was friendly, trying to make friends by being kind, and it worked. 


Markus was shy, and was nervous about everything. The only person who could get him out of his comfort zone was Gzifa. I could see it in his actions toward her that he had a crush on her, and not a minor one.


When Zeke and I became teens, we found ourselves starting to fall from the path Fever and Rygan had told us to follow. We partied, sneaked out to drink at the Inn, broke the law and all the stuff good parents usually tell their kids not to do, but we did it anyway. I even purposely dyed my hair purple and lime green because "Uncle" Rygan wouldn't let me. Sometimes I wonder if I pulled Zeke into all of the trouble we got into. He really isn't the type of guy to disobey his parents or do illegal activity. Maybe he did it to prove himself to me, I don't know. Maybe he thought he should do it because he didn't want to lose me as his best friend.
School was easy for me, but you'd never know that from my grades. I had just barely a passing grade in all my classes, only because I'd given up trying. All the stuff other students found difficult, I could do within seconds. Whenever the teachers would try to put me in a "special help class", I couldn't get in, because I excelled beyond what the teachers were giving me for tests. 


"She's a genius," I overheard one of my teachers telling "Uncle" Rygan at one meeting, "But she doesn't seem to want to enforce it in her schooling."
"She wants to, but she doesn't because she doesn't find it worth trying. Why try and learn something you already know, when you could be learning new things that you didn't know" Rygan had told her, "She just isn't trying cause it's not challenging for her. Give her something she struggles with and she will do her work." 
"I don't believe that's her problem. She's just lazy and doesn't want to try."
"Leanna is not lazy. She is outgoing, and loves to try new things. Lazy isn't in her vocabulary."
"You obviously don't know her that well. She's been keeping secrets from you. Do you know she's been caught on school grounds with-"
"-You never actually caught her doing anything. That was just a rumor that someone started because they didn't like her. I know more about Leanna that you might think," He paused for a moment to think, "I knew her father and she reminds me of him. She's so much like her father. Too much like him at times, but he was still a great man. She's got his heart and spirit for adventure, and someday, she'll find what she's been looking for."
"Uncle" Rygan took me out of that school the next day and started to home school me. I actually felt like trying because I was actually going at the pace I wanted to go.


Markus, Gzifa and Rishur aged up and started their teen lives as well. Rishur followed in the same foot prints as Zeke and I, getting drunk for the fun of it, but he had one other activity he did, girls. He was naturally muscular and girls just swarmed around him. I guess temptation just got the best of him. 
Markus and Gzifa on the other hand, decided to follow the way "Aunt" Fever and "Uncle" Rygan had told them to go. They had the best grades in the school and never got into trouble. Not long after they became teens, started to realize their feelings for each other, and decided to go steady. 


Now I'm a young adult, and ready to leave to accomplish my lifetime goal-
To find my mother and father and bring them back home where they belong.
I won't be alone though, Zeke has agreed to help me the whole way. "Aunt" Fever doesn't want me to go, but "Rygan has told me to do what I think is the right thing to do. I will find them, I know there out there somewhere, the only question is where to start looking.


Thanks for reading, Chapter one will be out withing the next week if everything goes as planned. The same goes for Ilon Silversmith Chapter 2. Keep your eyes open for Chapter 1 of The Destruction Of The Codes: A Sequel To Glitch #6538PR

2 comments: