Friday, March 2, 2012

Damaris Padgett (Morlen) Special


Damaris Padgett (Morlen) Special


To catch up, read these stories from LJFoxie and I.

By Santeladelta123 (Me)

By LJFoxie

The Young Adult Version of Damaris is in my studio on the sims3 site

It had been years since I last saw her. We’d been kids when we went our ways.. A lot must of happened to her, as it had with me.
I wonder if she’ll even remember who I am, I thought as I stood outside the door to my childhood best friend’s house.
I started to recall what had happened while I was on my own, a child on the run from her troubles, only to find herself in an even worse situation.


I’d just gotten off of my ride, hitch hiking on the back of a hay truck wasn‘t what I thought it would be.  I was itchy, uncomfortable, and cold. At least this place was warmer than Snowspire Lake, but where was I? Looking around me, wondering where I was at now. I tried to look for a sign, but saw none where I was at. There was a lot of farm land around here though.
I tried to remember what my teacher Mr. Pinksworth had told me about farm land in Sim nation. After some thinking, I finally remembered.
“Riverview,” I said, “I’m in Riverview,” Well that was a relief, now I just had to come up with what I was going to do next.
I sat down in front of a pile of rocks that was by the side of the road, What was I going to do now?  I was 12 years old, running away, and had no food or extra clothing left.
I thought about life back at Snowspire Lake. What was everyone doing now? My best friend Vickie McCray had most likely moved to Sunset Valley already with Lauren. Ilon was probably being yelled at for not trying hard enough at Military School, and Roslind was of course dead.
Then I thought about what I’d tried to runaway from. When I thought about it, I realized the reason I ran away was because I didn’t want to go to another family, get attached to them, but then just to leave again, only to get attached to another family again and leave that one as well. I wanted a family I wouldn‘t have to leave, ever again. That however wasn’t going to happen if I stayed in the situation in was in. Arthur and Rikki sounded like a nice couple, but like I’d said, I didn’t want to get attached, just to leave again.


A truck pulled over to the side of the road where I was at. A buff looking teenage boy with a wildly colored Mohawk stepped out, “Are you alright darling?” he was me.
“I’m fine, you don’t need to worry about me,” I lied.


        He walked toward me, looked down at me, and shook his head, “I know your not. I know when someone is lying or not. Judging my how tired you look and the condition of your hair and clothes, I’d say you’re running away.”
My eye’s widened, how did he know?

“Don’t worry, your not the only one who’s run away before,” he got back up and walked back to his truck, “If you need a place to stay, fresh clothes, and all that stuff,  you can just come with me.”
I looked up at him. He seemed like a nice guy, but I’d always been taught to not go with strangers, but I did need a bath and a meal.
“Don’t worry, You don’t have to worry about me hurting you. I’m not some boy who’d hurt a fellow runaway,” he patted the seat next to him, “So then, do you want to come with or not?”

I learned that the guy’s name was Brannon Rosales, and he’d run away from Twinbrook . He explained that his best friend while he lived there was Ilon, the same Ilon I knew. After Ilon’s parent’s died and he was sent to live with Rosalind, Brannon ran away from his abusive father and soon found himself in the same situation I was in currently, but he didn’t have any help like he was giving me.
Brannon drove up to a nice place, but he soon informed me that he was renting a small tenant room with three other teens. Two of them, Tasha and Julian had moved out of their parent’s places because of family arguments over how they should live. Emmett had been kicked out of his parent’s and all his ex-girlfriend’s (all 36 of them) places because of his selfish and violent behavior. He wasn’t that nice of a guy, I hated him.


He brought me into the kitchen, and gave me the first decent food I’d had in days. While I ate he explained who to trust in this house and who not to trust.
“Julian is a nice guy, I guess. He gets angry easily though, but he’s not destructive like Emmett. What ever you do, don’t hang out around Emmett. He treats girls like you and Tasha like your objects. He only cares about himself. I hate that about him, actually, I hate everything about him. Tasha is the outgoing, romance loving flirter. Be glad your not a guy, or she’ll flirt the living day lights out of you.”


“What are you saying about me handsome?” Tasha said as she entered the kitchen. Let me just say one thing about Tasha, she wore a lot of pink and purple.
“Your finally up,” he sat standing up to talk to her, “How was the party down at the river?”

“Drinking, lots of non legal stuff, and tons of party make-outs with random strangers… is that a kid? ” Tasha asked when she noticed me, “She’s so cute! How did you pick up a cutie like her?”
“I saw her while I was driving back from my night shift at the Lishmore Farm,” he explained, “She was running away and I decided to help.”
“Your such a sweetie! Helping her like that. Do you plan to give her some food and sending her on her way?”
“Actually, I was going to ask her if she wanted to stay here until she could support herself. Then she could leave, or stay and help us pay rent.”
She laughed at what Brannon said and did some sort of eye wink at him, “Whatever you want darling, but she’s not getting my bed.” Tasha laughed was so strange. It wasn’t like any laugh I’d ever heard.  Later I would learn that she had used what guys call the ‘I want your attention giggle’. I would end up using this technique later when… I’ll wait to tell you for now. It isn’t the time to say.
“Don’t worry, she can have mine. I’ll sleep on the couch…”
“Oh no you don’t,” Tasha cutted in, “Not on that thing. It’s just two snowboards and some metal welding. It’s more of a bench than anything. You can sleep in my bed with me if you want.” Another giggle and wink.
“Although that is very tempting,” Brannon explained, “You know I’m not into that stuff. I’d rather sleep on the bench as you so call it.”
“Okay Branny, but if you change your mind,” she pointed upstairs, “I’ll be in the bathroom taking a shower,” She did a weird little wave, another technique I would later use, and went into the other room and up the stairs.


“What was all that about?” I asked Brannon.
“Something kids like you shouldn’t know,” he said shaking his head, “Damaris, if your ever going to look up to a girl older than you for guidance for things in your teen years, please don’t let it be Tasha.”
        The rest of my childhood went great. Brannon helped me with my education, since I of course couldn’t go to an actual school, or else they‘d realize who I was and send me away. He’d apparently learned all of his education from books in the public library. So in other words he taught himself everything he knew, and he was good at it.  He also made me feel better when I thought about home, mostly because he knew what it was like being a run away.


        One of our favorite things to do was dance together though. Whenever my favorite song came on, he’d stop pretty much everything just to dance with me. We got pretty good at it too.
“I used to ride my bike with Ilon downtown,” He told me one day, “Then we’d throw stones off the wall to the bay and see who’s stone went the farthest. Then we’d hang out at the park, entertaining people with our jokes. Sometimes they would even pay us if we made their day just that much better. We’d then go to the local fast food place and we would play on the swings outside. You knew Ilon, right?”
“Yes, but he was being sent off to military school when I left. Ilon was an amazing guy. He was one of the only people who could make me feel better about my parents, him and my friend Vickie. She was my age, but she had the most beautiful blonde hair, brown eyes, and the most perfect freckles unlike mine. She was one of the prettiest girls in town. Me on the other hand…”
“You don’t realize now pretty you really are Damaris. Most girls don’t. You have nothing to be ashamed of though. You are gorgeous.”
I think I blushed, but I can’t remember. I was too embarrassed by what he said. Was I really that pretty?
“Thanks,” I said, Brannon always had a way of making my day.


I never saw the other three much. Turns out soon after I moved in, Tasha and Julian started to go steady. I soon learned that they would usually leave the house for only two things, their jobs, and parties. The same went for Emmett, but he was always gone.


         He was always causing trouble around town. He’d even been put into the town jail a few times. When he was at the house though, Brannon was always by my side. He really didn’t want Emmett to do anything bad to me, although at the time I didn’t know what those things were. I just assumed that they were bad because Brannon felt the need to protect me, turns out they were worse than I thought.
“Why don’t you and the other two just kick him out if you hate him so much?” I asked him one day.
“Two reasons, one he pays most of the rent cause he has the better job and it was part of his agreement, two we’re all afraid he’ll kill us because of it.”
“Oh…”


Time seemed to fly by when I was with Brannon. Before I knew it, I was about to become a teenager, but something came up that none of us were prepared for.


Like Brannon had told me that one day when I had told him what I thought about myself, I was gorgeous.


That wouldn’t seem like such a bad thing, but after I grew up, I found Brannon trying to separate himself from me, and I didn’t know why. I had told him when I was a child that I was planning on leaving once I found a job, was he mad at me because of it, or was it something different?


I also found myself looking at Brannon differently. He would usually walk around the house without his shirt because he exercised a lot. I didn’t seem to notice this when I was a child, but now that I was older I found Brannon to be… well, smoking hot in my opinion.


The separation soon ended though one night. I found Brannon exercising as usual. I had accidentally come in at a bad time though, I found him almost in tears for some reason. Excerise was one of his ways to escape his problems I’d come to learn.
“Are you okay Bran?” I asked him.
He stopped and turned around, he looked at me head to toe. Then he sighed as he talked to me, “Yes, something is. Damaris, can I tell you something?”


“Sure,” I said as I sat down on the bench, “What’s going on?”
“Well,” he started off, “You know how I’ve been trying to avoid you since you aged up?”
“Yes,” I answered, “Is this about that?”
“Ya, you see… you remember when you were younger and I told you that you were gorgeous?”
I nodded.


“You actually are, and I just can’t seem to get my eye off you.”
“You what…”
“I’m sorry Damaris, I’m only human!” he tried to explain, “You’re such an amazing girl, usually I wouldn’t have feelings like this for any other girl, but for some reason, your different,” He then looked me straight in the eyes, “Damaris, it’s fine if you don’t feel the same way, but… I can’t hide his anymore. I love you.”


“Brannon,” I said smiling, “You don’t have to feel sorry at all. I’ve found myself growing fonder of you everyday. Your caring, smart, and an all out great guy. Besides, it doesn’t help that you’re sexy.”
“Tasha told you that right.”
“No, you are. Brannon, I love you as well.”


He looked at me, happiness all over him, then he took the first move and kissed me. My first kiss, yes it was with a guy that was almost a young adult, but he’d been my only friend the past few years, and I’d come to think of him as more than just that recently. Then out of no where, my favorite song came on the radio, and Brannon let go of me.
“What are you doing Brannon?” I asked him.
He grabbed my hand as he stood up, “When was the last time we danced?”
“Way too long,” I replied getting up, him pulling me into his arms and he slow danced with me, just us again, but my happiness was soon destroyed thanks to Emmett.


It had been a week since Brannon and I had started to go steady, and we were on maybe our second date together. He’d taken me to a place by the bridge where a car had been left to rot away. He were having a great time, until we heard Emmett yelling at Brannon to let me go.


“Get your fithly hands of the girl,” he said getting closer, “I want my turn at her.”
“No you can’t,” Brannon explained, “And I won’t let you.”
“Bran, what is he taking about?” The something clicked in my mind why Brannon had always tried to protect me from Emmett. He wanted to get his down right muck filled hands on me and… oh my plumbob! That no good swine! What kind of guy was he, a lunatic? Why did he enjoy doing that to girls, especially ones who couldn’t defended themselves.
Then Emmett pulled something from his pockets, a switch blade. Looking at it, I realized what he was going to try and do, “You want to try me Brannon, muscles won’t help you from this thing once I kill you and get her in my grasp. Then she‘ll be next”


Brannon yelled at me to run, and that I did. I didn’t look back when I heard Brannon tried to keep Emmett from going after me. I didn’t look back when he cried in agony as the blade pierced him through his chest, shoulder and back, over and over. I didn’t look back when I heard him wrestle Emmett to the ground with his dying breath just to by me some time to run further. I didn’t look back when Emmett cursed at Brannon’s motionless body and started to run after me, but by then it was too late for Emmett to get me, I’d already made it to the police station, tears in my eyes, crying for them to help me and if possible, Brannon, but I already knew it was too late.


They rushed over to the bridge, but Brannon was already dead. I didn’t understand, how could Brannon just be gone, and all because he loved me and wanted to protect me from harms way.


The police did find Emmett trying to escape before they caught up to him. He’d been arrested and after a very short trial, he was charged with spending the rest of his life in jail. He soon admitted that Brannon wasn’t his first victim, or I his first target. He’d succeeded many time he claimed, he even gave out the names of his victims, all 79 of them. The worst part, he was proud of it. He laughed when he mentioned Brannon’s name.
“He had to of been the hardest. Not because of he was physically strong, but mentally strong as well. His dying words were as follows, ‘I’ll miss you Damaris.’ Love, the strongest, but the weakest of all emotions, hard to find too. That was his down fall however.”
I wanted to punch him so bad, but I didn’t. I just found myself crying, but no one was there to comfort me. No one seemed to care about how I was feeling, only about getting this criminal behind bars.


Tasha and Julian had decided to move out together, they’d decided they wanted to get married when they aged into young adults. I however, was told to leave the house. The person Brannon had been renting the room from started he didn’t want anymore drama. I was now homeless again, and only two things made it possible for me to survive it all, by willingness to make things better, and my new found trait, flirting.


I know Brannon told me not to look up to Tasha for stuff like this, but I did. It was the only way people, mostly guys as you could guess, would let me stay the night on their porch, or let me do a small job at their house or at their work place, I always carried a blade though, just in case anything like Emmett happened again.


After using the “I want your attention giggle’ on a guy, he was willing let me have his newspaper. I found an interesting article about a girl named Jorga Romilly in another town who was looking for a room mate. I quickly called the girl and she said yes. That was when I new my life was getting better.


With my young adult years now on me, I changed my look to something different. Brannon would of loved to see me now. Nightmares of that night still haunt me to this day, and I don’t think they ever will.


As I waited for the taxi to pick me up and bring me to my new home, I couldn’t imagine what was a head of me. I couldn’t of realized the journey that I was going to go through, becoming friends with Jorga, meeting Seth Von Strunkle and going on a trip to china with him and Jorga, falling in love with Seth but Jorga falling for him as well, Seth choosing Jorga over me, falling in love with Jesper, Jorga and Seth’s wedding, becoming pregnant and having Hayley, getting married to Jesper, and once again becoming pregnant and having Nicola, my life would never be the same.


Now I was finally going to see Vickie, after all these years. Jesper, Jorga and Seth had surprised me with information on where Vickie lived after I told them about not seeing or hearing from her after I ran away.
When Vickie finally answered the door, she recognized me right away.
“Damaris, is that you?”
I nodded, “Yes Vickie, it’s me.”


She motioned for me to come inside. I followed and soon found myself embracing Vickie, “I can’t believe it, I’ve been searching for you everywhere!”
“Same here, if it wasn’t for some of my friends and my husband, I wouldn’t of been able to find you!”
“I’m so glad they did! I have so much to tell you!” We finally let go of each other, then I found myself looking at a guy with purple hair and lime green eyes. You’d think I’d be used to this after living with Jorga, but I wasn't.


“Hello there,” he said when he noticed me from over his book, “You seem familiar for some reason.”
“This is Damaris sweet heart. Damaris meet my husband, Erik Clands.”
“Clands?” I asked, “You married a Clands man against your mom‘s wishes?”
“Yes,” she said smiling, “As you could guess, my mom wasn’t happy.”
“Your mother‘s opinion doesn‘t matter to me,” Erik explained, still not looking up from  his book, “You make your own choices now.”


“True,” then Vickie’s expression changed, “Ahhhh, can you excuse me for a second, I need to use the restroom.”
This time Erik looked from his book, “Again sugar pie? Didn’t you just go thirty minutes ago?”
Vickie didn’t even answer as she quickly rushed into the bathroom.
Erik stood up to talk to me, “I don’t understand what is going on with Vickie. This has to be the 15th time today. I can’t even remember how many times last night. I’m starting to worry.”


I laughed with normal, non-flirty tone at Erik, “I know what’s going on. Have you who hooed with her yet?”
“Yes,” then his eyes went bright, “Do you think…”
I nodded, “I’ve had two kids already and so has a friend of mine, I know when someone is pregnant.”


“I’m going to be a father!” Erik shouted with excitement, “I can’t believe it! Vickie! Can you hear me!”
We heard Vickie laughing from the other room, “Yes Erik, it’s true, your going to be a dad!”
He looked just as excited as when I told Jesper about our girls on the way. I was happy for Vickie. We’d both had a rough life, and now the real journey was yet to come, only it looked brighter this time around, for both of us and our families.

3 comments:

  1. That was such a great story! And the way you tied in her YA life with Jorga and Seth and Jesper was brilliant! What a sad thing to happen, but she has her kids and her friends so it's all good! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story! ^_^ Loved how you tied everything in! Your sims always look amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, I always love hearing from people.

    ReplyDelete