Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Destruction Of the Codes Chapter Three


Last time, Leanna and the others were being taken someplace in a hurry by Arther, who seemed to be afraid of something, someone named the Black Blood Angels. However, getting far enough from them has been interrupted for the moment. 


It all happened so fast, I couldn't figure out exactly what had happened. The speeding car had been stopped suddenly by someone in the road. Before I had time to see what the person looked like, they picked up the car and threw it off the road, it flipping all the way down the hill until it crashed into a tree at the bottom. During the end of the tumbling, I'd somehow managed to get thrown out of the car. Arther and Zeke had gone unconscious on the way down, and Angelia was crying so hard, I wasn't sure what to do as I was losing consciousness as well on the ground. Before I lost all awareness of my surroundings, I felt a hand touch my forehead where I'd gotten cut from the windows breaking.
"She's... she's beautiful," the person said, stroking my cheek.
"Come on, we have to bring them to the doctor," a females voice said to the man, "He told us to bring them back to him, alive. If we're going to get those two up front back alive, we have to hurry."
"What do you think did this?" the man said, his hands still touching my bleeding head.
"What do you mean?"
"From what I've heard, Arther is one of the best drivers the doctor has ever created. He would never get in a car wreck this bad."
"You think something caused him to swerve off the road?"
"No, I think they were thrown off," As my senses started to deplete from me, I looked up at the man who was talking right above me.
Red, his eyes were red... bright, cherry red...


When I awoke, I found myself looking up to see him, The black hair and red eyed man I saw in my dream. The same red eyes I'd seen as I passed into dream state.
"Don't worry, everyone else is okay," he exclaimed, trying to stroke the hair out of my face.
I slapped his hand away from me, already knowing his name for some reason, "Don't you dare touch me Lestat or I'll-"
"You remember me?" Oops, shouldn't of said his name, "You were hardly a year old when I last saw you. Actually, the only time besides the car wreck and now that I've seen you. Even then, you shouldn't know my name."
"Leave me alone you monster!"
"And you remember what I acted like around you when you were younger," he laughed, "Sorry about that. When my master tells me to do something, it tends to be more of on the violent side," He didn't sound like a bad guy. He sure looked like he was bad however, and I wasn't going to stay here much longer to find out more about him.
Before I could try and get past him and run for the door, Lestat sat down on the bed next to me, shaking his head, "I know what your thinking. I've been in the same situation as you. Sorry to break it to you, escaping is almost impossible. I tried it when I was younger and ended up getting caught before I even make it ten steps out of my prison cell," He leaned in a little more, whispering something to me that he didn't want anyone else to heard to me. The sound that came out was calm, peaceful, and caring, almost like a gentle breeze, "Another thing you might want to consider, don't mention anything about knowing who I am or what you learn from your visions about anything. If the doctor learned that you had the same abilities as your dad, he'd use you just like he has with Selene and I."
"Abilities?" I asked him, my head swirling with questions.


"You've inherited your fathers brains. That's all the Doctor knows, but if he was to learn of your ability to look into the past, and very occasionally, people's dreams, you can bet that life here will only get worse."
"I can do what?" This was new to me. Visions of the past? What was this guy talking about? Of course that would explain why I had that flash back of the night my dad disappeared, but why had I only just started to have these visions?
Turns out, Lestat knew what I was thinking, "It only starts showing after you go throw the time stream for the first time."
"Great, how can my life get any worse? I'm stuck in some prison cubical with some guy who somehow is involved with my past, keeping me from escaping."
"Trust me, if you did get past me, you'd have to deal with the thousands of the doctor's minions, the mindless ones, who have only one order. Keep all prisoners alive and locked up in their cells."
"Then what are you?"
He remained silent for maybe a minute, words like 'mistake' and 'imperfection' sometimes quietly rolling off his tongue. He didn't seem to notice that I heard every single word he tried to say to himself. He finally gave out a lonesome sigh, whispering his answer into my ear, "Someone who wants out of all this."


He then threw himself off the bed and ran out of the cell, closing the door and locking it behind him, the sound of him crying as he ran down what sounded like a long hallway. For someone who was so strong, he wasn't great at keeping his emotions under control.
I sat myself up, looking at the door, his words ringing in my head, someone who wants out of all this. He didn't like being here, or working for the doctor it seemed, so why did he stay here? After I finally managed to fall asleep, I soon learned of why Lestat never left.


"My dear foolish child," the doctor said to a young teenage boy, who'd been forced to stand in front of him. Hair that was as dark as the night sky, eyes as red as roses and muscles of the demi-god Hercules. The guy standing, looking at the doctor with hatred, had to be the most attractive guy I'd ever seen in my life. I almost didn't hear the doctor speak again because I was admiring him so much, "Why did you try and runaway. Did you really think you were going to get out without me knowing?"
The boy looked up at the doctor, a silent growl coming from his mouth, "I have to get out, you know that. I'm not mindless like the others. I don't belong here."
"What about Selene? She's not mindless as well."
"I was going to go get her out next,"
The doctor chuckled, an evil grin forming on his face, "Well, might I mention that Selene will suffer greatly if you ever try to escape again."
"What are you talking about?"


"She's a beautiful young girl. I wonder how much she would squeal if I went into her room and forced her to do it with-"
The boy's eyes opened as wide as the red sea when Moses placed his staff into the water's bay, "You... you would dare touch her!"
"You wanna bet? Like I said, she's very beautiful."


That was when the boy's anger got the best of him. He started to hit the invisible wall that protected the doctor from his rage. The doctor didn't even flinch for a moment as the boy kept hitting the wall, the whole thing shaking from the force of his punches. After maybe ten minutes of this, the guy finally stopped, sweat dripping down his forehead as he tried to catch his breath. He looked up as the doctor got out of his seat and shook his head at him.
"I swear, if you as so much lay a finger on Selene in any sort of manner as you are talking about, I will kill you," the way the boy said it, you could tell he was dead serious.
All the doctor could manage was another evil laugh, "That would be a shame now would it? Cause then you wouldn't be able to receive your powers, since I am the only one who can open the portal."
"I'd find a way to open it."
"Ha! It's impossible without me being alive! Only I know how to open and use it! If I was to be dead, you'd have no way of leaving and would be stuck her to rot with all the others for eternity! Do you really want that? Do you?"


The boy looked away from the doctors face, cursing under his breath. What was so important about these abilities the doctor was talking about? "You play an unfair game here doc,"
"All that matters is that I'm winning," the doctor laughed as the boy looked back at him, "And no matter what you do Lestat, you will never win this game. I am the master of all the cards. Only I know the out come and control it."
Lestat? That boy was Lestat? Wow, he looked better and less sinister without all that dark makeup. Maybe he wasn't the bad guy after all, the doctor was.
"Fine, I'll stay and keep working for you, but if you as so much dare touch Selene, I promise, you won't be alive to play the game for much longer," Lestat turned around, only to find himself being surrounded by the mindless minions, grabbing him from every angle and dragging him back to his cell.
Although I was still confused, my visions weren't done yet. What happened next wasn't like the other times so far, but all I could tell was my vision had changed, dramatically. It was clearer, more vivid than any of the visions I'd had so far.


Lestat was standing in a gazebo with at girl looking at him. His dark makeup was gone and his hair was in a totally different hair cut. He wore a black leather jacket and a gray striped t-shirt. He looked at the girl with shy looking glances, almost as if he wanted to say something, but didn't know how to say it-

 

His lips suddenly touched the girl's. Before I knew it, both of them had their arms around each other, their mouths inseparable. They looked so happy together. After a minute of me being in shock of Lestat's sudden display of emotions, I realized who the girl was, more shocked than ever before in my life,


It was me!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Suspenseful! I find it eerily weird that I started Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles a few days ago, I feel like Lestat is haunting me lol! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually where I got his name from! A friend of mine was reading it, and suggested the name to me.

      Delete