Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Destruction Of The Codes Chapter Two


Leanna has finally found her dad, along with a girl named Angelia.  Even though Leanna has found her father, she still doesn't know what is going on, but she's about to get a few hints, but will it answer everything?


I'd been resting ever since I'd gotten out of the portal. My father, Arther, sat by my side. Making sure I was okay.
"Did the medicine help any?" he placed his hands through my hair once again, almost as if he still didn't believe it was me.


I nodded my head as I started to get up slowly. He stood up and walked to the other side of the bed. Zeke decided to get off the bench to help my father in getting me out of the bed safely. As my feet touched the ground, my head started to spin again. Zeke and my dad were soon catching my fall, helping me lay down again. 


"How much longer do you think she'll be like this?" Zeke asked as he looked at me, "I can't stand seeing her like this."
"The first time was the worst for me. I had passed out for more than five hours while my dad... never mind. I'll keep my depressing stories to myself for now." My dad placed his hand on my forehead, checking to see if my fever had gotten any better, "Angelia, can you get some petrestorlia from the fridge?"


Angelia walked over from the kitchen and looked at dad confused, "Petrestorlia?" she pronounced slowly.
"The hot pink one, I asked for it when I was sick last month from looking for... forget it. I don't want to go into detail about my trip," he explained.
"Oh, that one!" Angelia replied happily. She skipped to the kitchen, opened the fridge and grabbed a hot pink potion from the middle shelf. She walked it over carefully to my dad, handing it to him.


"Thanks Angelia," he said. I opened my mouth and he gave me a sip of it. Tasted alot like bubble gum for some reason, "You need to rest more. I'll be here when you wake up."
I nodded my head as my mind started to drift into dream land, although my dream was anything but sweet.


I found myself looking at a young couple a toddler playing under the couch, the girl's stomach was showing some signs of being pregnant, but not far along.
"Rikki, I've been feeling as if you're drifting away from me. What's wrong?" the man asked. It was my dad. The lady was mom and the toddler was me.
"Nothing is wrong Arther, I've just been having hormone problems from this baby, that's it," my mother, Rikki, told my dad, but I could tell she was hiding something.
"I know it's not just the hormones Rikki," my father looked around the room, then sighed lightly as tears started to form in his eyes, "I know about Rygan."


Rikki's mouth dropped open slightly, "What about Rygan and I?"
"I know you've been cheating on me for him."
Rikki laughed like she was unsure what to do, "I don't know what you're talking about. I'd never do anything with-"
"I saw you doing it with him last night! You can't tell me you and Rygan haven't been doing anything!" And with that, my dad picked me up and ran off with me in his arms out the door.
My mom stood alone in the living room, tears forming in her eyes, "Arther, wait up! I'm sorry-", after only two steps, she started to grabbed her stomach in pain, more tears coming into her eyes, "It's not time yet! I have another three months!"


A few minutes went by before Rygan came through the door from work.
"Rikki!" he ran over to her, making sure she was okay.
My mom didn't care that she was in pain or was going into labor early, all she could manage to say was Arther's name and mine.
"Rikki, calm down a little. Why do you keep saying Arther and Leanna's name over and over?"
Rikki took a few deep breaths and looked Rygan in the eyes,"Rygan listen carefully, I need you to go back to the shack. Arther saw us last night. I need you to calm him down."
"But what about you-"
"I'll be fine, I'm more concerned for Arther right now."
"How do you know he's at the shack?"
"I just do, please Rygan, go!"


Rygan nodded, then started to run out the door. He jumped into his car, and drove off as quick as he could into the country, ignoring every speed limit sign he passed. He stopped when he got to the lonely shack, the same one Zeke and I had drove up to just yesterday. 
Rygan opened the door to the car and ran inside the shack. He could hear the sound of screaming and crying from down stairs. 


He ran through the open door and down the stairs to see Arther laying down on the floor unable to get up for some reason, and me crying behind some boxes. A man with blood red eyes, black tear marks and midnight black hair looked over at Rygan, a scowl on his face.
"You came at the wrong time," the man said before attacking Rygan.


Rygan put up a good fight, and for a while, it would seem that he was winning. Then he caught a glance of a woman, with the same skin, hair, tear marks and eyes as the man, walk out of the portal and pull Arther, who was almost passed out, off the ground, pushing him violently into the siding of the machine.


"Miss me darling," she mocked, smacking her lips onto his mouth, waking his senses up. Arther then went ballistic, trying to get free of her grasp, only to find himself being forced into the side of the machine more and more. With Rygan's mind somewhere else on the scene in front of him, the man smacked Rygan's head into the wall. His eyes rolled to the back to his head as he went unconscious to the ground, the sound of me crying filling the rest of room.


I woke up screaming, tears flowing from my eyes none stop. 
"Leanna, you're fine. It was only a dream." Arther said, trying to calm me down. After taking one good look at my eyes, he too looked like he was about to scream with fear, "Zeke, Angelia, help me get Leanna into the car. We have to get going, now!"
Zeke looked over at my dad confused, "But we just got here. Why do we have to leave?"
Angelia started to hold onto Zeke's vest, tears coming into her eyes "Daddy, I'm scared."
Arther picked me up in his arms, my hands holding on to him for dear life. He kicked the door open and ran for the car packed out on the side of the street. He placed me in the back, Zeke getting in the front passenger seat and Angelia sitting by me in the back. 


Arther sat down in the driver's seat, turned on the car, and pressed on the gas, "I'm sorry for the rush, but it's the only way to lose them."
"Who Arther? What are we trying to get away from?"
"One of the two reasons I'm stuck here in all these dimensions and time zones, that's what."
I closed my eyes and an image of the pale man and woman came to mind. I knew their names, and I hated the sound of it, "It's them... The Black Blood Angels, Selene and Lestat."


Thanks for reading as always. The next chapter should be out in about a week. Ilon Silversmith Chapter Three is currently being put on hold for my next chapter of the Clands Legacy and also the Clands Legacy Special.

2 comments: